Help Needed MY TRUCK WONT START! 6.0 03,

alex3012red

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
f-250 03 ran fine,went to the beach ran perfect, 2 hours later it did not start,had to get tow truck. turns fine ,checked fuel shut off, disconnected batt. checked fuses,fuel pump,nothing. where should i start?:dunno

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
If its a 6.0-HPOP is a good candidate. If its a 7.3, CPS is another suspect. Gotta get a code reader on it and pull codes.

lwfox002

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
My 03 6.0 just had to have a new HPOP when it did something similar. Just lost power and died, would not start. 100 miles from home. New HPOP and now runs great.

dpantazis

Reaction score
put a code reader, its cps sensor, where is it located,whats hpop
thanks for the help

code reader is a piece of diagnostic equipment that reads the truck's computer and memory. what you are looking for is the fault codes that the truck has in its memory. give us the codes, and we can help you diagnose it.

CPS is the Crank Position Sensor. you have a 6.0, so don;t worry about it. your motor does not have the one that is flaky.

HPOP is the High Pressure Oil Pump. it is what generates the high pressure oil to actuate the fuel injectors.

here are some places to read up and learn about the systems-

6.0 PowerStroke Page

download the 6.0 coffee table book. it has good info in there. poke about at that main site too

FDDTS - Tech Publications

alex3012red

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
thanks for the info. the code reads p2614, camshaft position sensor only.
should i change that only,ive read that wiring chafling could be the problem too. i'll see if any signs of that.

alex3012red

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
changed cps (camshaft position sensor).$31.01 with friend discount started up.pain in the butt to change!
thanks everybody for the help.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58