My X steers sloppy !!!

kiarasue

The RamSmoker
Reaction score
front end slop

I just passed the 100,000mi mark and I'm surprised how good the ball joints are. It took a while locally and on line to find someone that had the spring eye bushings in urethane so I'm 5 weeks out now. The stabilizer is also not real popular. There are three sizes of front bars so measure carefully. There 30mm, 32mm and 36mm. Summit racing had the best price but the same shipping date as even my local NAPA store. Buy ahead!!

caryt

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
IMO every X needs to be lifted enough to get wider rims and tires, also to provide suspension travel. Next is a set of Bilsteins and a SD rear swaybar. Doing this made a huge difference on mine:thumbs Corners flat and crosswinds don't bother it at all.

Cary

dzl_x_4x4

Dzl_X_4x4
Reaction score
mille-ryan said:
Hey just got an 03 X a couple weeks ago and dont think the dealer has addressed the steeering issue yet.Mine seems to wonder around at times while driving and when changing lanes on the interstate its kinda spooky, it is slow to respond then feels like it sways abit while correcting back to straight once in the lane.Is this normal, or something I need to look into sway bars for since the X is so big? Just curious before I go back to talk with my dealer.

I have a 2000 X before I lifted it I put on a swaybar and adjustable shocks all the way around it, so you can set it up the way you like it to ride. For the $400 you can't do anything and get as good of results. :burnit

I now have it lifted 8/6" running aggressive 35" X-terrains and it handles like a mustang , no body roll, oversteering/understeering at all. :burnit :burnit

kiarasue

The RamSmoker
Reaction score
Sloppy steering

I have posted recently about the spring bushings. They don't have to have much play and your all over the road. The energy kit is awesome. At the same time I copied the Fabtec parts and put dual shocks and steering stabilizeras on. This like having a new truck again. Now if I can get dual shocks in the back somewhere. Another thing to check is the steering box adjustment. A 5/8 wrench and a 3/16 allen and 5 min. time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58