Announcement MyGallon$.com

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
Fuel cost$ going up daily getting you down? How would you like to pre-pay for fuel and get locked in at that price (annual member$hip required)? It'$ $et up like a debit card and u$able at >95% of $ervice $tation$ nationwide for any grade or type of fuel (aviation fuel excluded). The guy who thought of thi$ i$ pure geniu$. :hail

MyGallons.com

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
there again, something that we would have thought of but didn't..

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
intriguing idea $30 or $40 annual membership and $2 service charge each time you recharge your account with a CC.

Warning Math below:

Presuming a 50¢ rise in fuel prices at 17MPG there is a 4¢/mile increase in fuel cost.

So at a minimum given this fuel price rise you would need to have purchased fuel for and drive at least 750 miles to offset the membership cost (which @ 4.75 a gal is $209). So you need to buy at least the 44 gallons to break even, so at least 2 tank fulls before you start to save any money.

So If you purchased the fuel earlier this spring you'd be saving money however I for one and I figure most of us here do not have the free cash lying around to "invest" in gas. Not to mention that they base it on RUG and if you "upgrade" to premium or diesel there is an "adjustment" made but no indication on what formula is used to make the adjustment.

Right now I don't see fuel prices rising too much more this summer and if prices go down you can pull your $$ back out but at the "lower of the market or purchase price"

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg