mysterious fuel leak

ProXJC

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have been smelling diesel fuel for about 3 weeks now and today I let the truck sit and idle, noticed their was a puddle of fuel under the truck (about 6 inches around).* I looked around the filter housing and pretty much anything I could see on top, nothing caught my eye,* although the valley did have a little bit in it.

* Any ideas before I start tearing deeper into it what may have been leaking?

JRJ04

Reaction score
sounds to me like your the o-rings on your fuel bowl drain valve have gone bad. you can either go to the dealer and buy a whole new valve that will have the new o-rings in it or order the viton o-rings from one of our sponsors that are rated for diesel fuel and will last a lot longer.

Either way you go, very easy to take off the back of the bowl. 4 torx screws and you're there.

ProXJC

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Ok i'll check it out. Can you tell me what sponser may have the viton o-rings?

ProXJC

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
It seems to leave a puddle directly under the driver side rear corner of the oil pan, kind of behind the oil filter.....

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It seems to leave a puddle directly under the driver side rear corner of the oil pan, kind of behind the oil filter.....

Fuel (any liquid) can be funky. The leak is over here.. but the puddle is over there.... kinda thing.

Depending on Any angle the truck is parked at.. when it migrates out of the valley, or off the block.. it migrates to it's lowest point.. [where ever] that may be.

Give a couple of our Site sponcors a Call (?).. they can hook you up with a rebuild kit, or put you in the right direction. FORD & IH have them too. (IH being cheaper than FORD)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14