Nascars cot ruined the race.

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone else feel as I do, that Nascar's cot is ruining our sport?

I doubt that I will be watching another Nascar event.
I was a rabid fan, but not now.
Oh well, one less viewer will not matter to Nascar.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
i lost interest along time ago. even the daytona 500 doesnt excite me like it used to.

the car of tomorrow??? its ugly!!!!

looks nothing like what it is supposed to represent, the cars that we drive.

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel your pain. The race is to long and all cars are the same any more. I would like to see them drive the cars like we drove 25 years ago when the real drivers did it.

fordtrucker4life!

I work with waste
Reaction score
I feel differently about this discussion. I believe the COT is actually looking closer to what is on the streets. Take off the spoiler and they will look pretty close. I would like to see the cars have a more defined look between makes, but I like the COT.

police stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hate the outside design of the new cars.... but the internal structures safety is the gain of using the COT. I thought it was neat how the doors have the new dor dense foam to protect the drivers. I understand that nascar is trying to make it alot safer for the driver. Yet the cars need alot more work in the design department and also the power department.

Reaction score
the whole looks thing of the cot is if you look at the old cars and draw a line down the middle the there is more car on the right than there is on the left. so from fender to center on both sides is the same and both fenders are the same shape rather than having the rightside taller and the inside shorter. the main reason that the drivers do not like the car is cause it is difficult to drive the engineers cant go back there and design off a computer a car that can win. now the best designer is not gonna win its gonna be the best driver. now i wanna see them run talledega in that thing with no restrictor plate. there will be a heck of a sight.

scoutman77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel your pain. The race is to long and all cars are the same any more. I would like to see them drive the cars like we drove 25 years ago when the real drivers did it.

I agree, I liked it when they drove real cars.

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
I can deal with it. The old days are gone. Chrome bumpers, factory sheet metal, (slightly modified of course), and good old boy garage tweaked engines just isn't going to happen. You can't take a plastic car with a 6 cylinder and race it. They barely last the 36K warranty let alone 500 miles of full throttle, full brake beating and banging. The motor's that are used today don't even come in the cars they are supposedly racing. They are limited to cubic inch, head size, carbs etc. Who cares if the bodies aren't right since the cares aren't FWD either. It's a morphed sport that is doing it's best to follow it's roots. Baseball, football, basketball, and hockey are nothing close to the way they were played to many many years ago, and neither is Nascar. I call it good, there's a rule book, you cheat as much as you can w/o getting caught. If everyone followed the rules the cars would be no faster 10 years from now as they are now. Racing is racing and that's finding the grey area, and not abusing it.

Stops rambling..............

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
The car that looks the least like the street version is the Charger. Keith

it's not a Charger. It's an Avenger.

The "regular" cars are the Fusion, Charger, Monte Carlo and Camry.

The COT's are the Fusion, Avenger, Impala and Camry.

And I'm with Budro. They've all been pretty much the same since the Ford switched to the Taurus body from the T-Bird and Robert Yates whined about the height of the rear spoiler giving the GM cars (they were running the Lumina and Grand Prix bodies at the time) an aero advantage. NASCAR caved, the rear spoiler got changed, Ford won everything after that, the GM teams whined, Pontiac pulled out and all the templates got "normalized" the next year.

After Jeff Gordon basically bashing in the front of his car on the 48's rear bumper yesterday, I think the aero characteristics are more forgiving with the COT, I think.

I like Big_Rooster's comment too... if they can change the angle of the front and rear wings for a race, let's see 'em at Talledega without restrictor plates. Been a long time since we've seen them at 200mph on a highbank oval, and I think it's time to do it again.

Personally, I think the business with different tracks having a different capacity fuel cell is crap. Make 'em 18 gallons and leave it there. It'd mean less screwing around with the tire compounds and therefore, we wouldn't have to listen to Tony Stewart whine...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14