navigation radio

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i agree its personal pref....but to me its a value issue too...i want
things to look as original as possible...when i can get 2 or 3 times the
functionality for 1/2 the money and have it look like factory......

INTERNATIONALPOWER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well you right it does boil down to personal opion, but around here im not to worried about my truck being stollen considering i know every police officer in this town and if you town only had 15,000 people and had the same patroling force as neboring stockton during shifts you wouldnt worry to much about having you truck stollen. even though i think f-250 to f-350 are the most stollen trucks. i think you right i was mistaken on the radio locks, thats only chevy.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
bushpilot said:
i agree its personal pref....but to me its a value issue too...i want
things to look as original as possible...when i can get 2 or 3 times the
functionality for 1/2 the money and have it look like factory......

can't blame you for that bush, but when i read some of your replys, it sounds like your blastin the other guy for likin something that goes against what you prefer, JMO, i maybe completely wrong.:dunno

Big K

SDD.com Hacker/Admin
Reaction score
INTERNATIONALPOWER said:
i was looking at some pics of the 08 superduty today and i realized it had a navigation system. the nav system seems to be the sam redio setup in my 06 and i was wondering if you guys think it would be possible to get that radio in my truck when they release them.

It does look close, but I am sure it would have to be RIG up to work right.

I doubt it is just plug and play :dunno

INTERNATIONALPOWER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well it would be nice, i think the other radios look the same if you click on the sirius icon under interior. i wonder when you start it up if it says FORD like the chevys nav radios do

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bama-six-gun said:
can't blame you for that bush, but when i read some of your replys, it sounds like your blastin the other guy for likin something that goes against what you prefer, JMO, i maybe completely wrong.:dunno

understood...guess youd have to know me...i promise i didnt
mean any offense...and im really a nice guy...be happy to help
anyone out...and i dont typically speak of things i dont have
1st hand experiance w/ <and sometimes...more often than not,
ive been thru it 3 or more times before *I* get it closer to "right"...
im just tryin to share & help folks get better value for their hard earned $$>

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
INTERNATIONALPOWER said:
i think you right i was mistaken on the radio locks, thats only chevy.

chevy does it, your right, hell they vin lock ALOT of their
components...window motors/switches are another one that
i know they "code" to the particular car/truck

cb5300

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Just check out the nav radio that comes with the Expedition, I think that will work

tdporter

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
There are actually several different vehicles that Ford puts their navigation system in that will work in the Super Duty with reprogramming. The pictures of the 08 SD look just like the other models from Ford.

I have one in my 06 SD and have 100% functionality. It is actually out of a 06 Mercury Mountaineer. I sent it to a guy in Boston that reprograms them. He set it up for my SD. If I remember correctly, the main things that were different and had to be changed was the speed sensor, steering wheel controls, and tuned off the subwoofer output. He also changed the logo, so it shows Ford when it comes on instead of Mercury.

I purchased a Sirius kit that came out of a F150 for it. That did require a cable that I had to order.

All in all, it works great, sounds decent enough for me....I'm not trying to blow out peoples windows at the stop light or anything.

I installed the GPS and Sirius antenna's under the plastic wiper cowl just for a clean install. Some people say they do it to help prevent theft, I just don't like the way they look..

I guess by the time I was done, I spent about $750-$800 on it. I know it isn't much less than an aftermarket system, however, I really wanted the OEM look.

Tom

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58