Need a battery

DR.billZ

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Can someone point me to a good, cost-effective battery and a good place to get it from?

Local shop wanted $182.00 to install ONE battery.

Passenger side

bbressler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most suggest Motorcraft. Shouldn't be that much....maybe around $100. I got the gold from Autozone (8 yr warranty). I had interstates before, they were pretty good.

You should replace both batteries at the same time.

Red Monkey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got mine from Auto Zone, didn't pay that much for both. 'They' say to replace both at the same time, if one is gone the other will be soon to go.

DR.billZ

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Will do. Thanks.
And thanks for not saying: "Did you do a search"

Actually I did search after I posted and even found some threads that were useful. The search feature seems to work on this site. I visit another site(different vehicle) and it has the same board but the search feature seems to find nothing.

DR.billZ

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Got them out. They were both Sam's Club batteries(Excide?). Been in there at least 5 years. Must be good batteries.
Replaced with Autozone batteries.
I try not to do business with Wal-Mart. I've been in business with them before and just suffice it to say I will try not to give them any of my $$. They are the most ruthless unfair business entity I have ever dealt with.

Both old ones measured 12.6 volts(measured separately after removal).

Last edited:

fgtex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The AutoZone DuraLast gold batteries are a good choice. I bought two of them two years ago. One died and one was almost dead from not driving the truck. I received two new batteries under the three year free replacement warranty.

P.S. I don't do business with Wal-Mart either. They tried to screw me three years ago and I have not been back since.

iracemine

black and tan
Reaction score
duralast gold. never buy anything from autozone that has the valuecraft name on it its valucrap.

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Autozoo has acceptable batteries and will install them FREEwith purchase

I will say that's what I have in my truck and they seem to be doing fine when I replaced mine the local ford stealers wanted 2X what autozone wanted for batteries.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg