Need a Second Opinion

easyrider1234

6.0 stock setup
Reaction score
I recently was traveling home from Texas to Phoenix in my STOCK 03 F350 6.0and broke down in Tucumcari NM (BFE!!!) It was running very rough, pouring out white smoke and dripping fuel out the tail pipe. So.. I pulled into shop and the initial scan indicated I had two injectors out. After swapping them out there was still problems. I was at their mercy and let them dig in to do the repairs. pull motor, burnt valve....................
Now that I have received the invoice I want to ensure I am being charged the correct amount of hours for each task performed. (isn't there a standard charge for components?)
Is anyone interested in reviewing my bill to make sure its up to STANDARD time limits.
IE hours to pull a head. pull a motor. swapping out Fuel injectors.

I'm not trying to get out of paying my bill $4000.00 BUT I want to pay what I owe.
Any pointers or advice would be very helpful.

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
Was it done by a Ford shop or an independent place? How many hours labor did they bill? 4k seems like enough, but the stuff does add up in a hurry. If you dint mind, give us a rough breakdown of the bill. ;)

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
yeah.. more than a couple of us are techs..
give us the rough breakdown of it and we'll see if they're on the up & up...

wpfd571

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it was me i would post it in a heart beat. Then if they are screwing you you can get the word out and maybe people will stay away from there.

But you said they did 2 injectors and pulled the engine for a burnt valve? 4k might not be out of line for an on the road breakdown.

easyrider1234

6.0 stock setup
Reaction score
I just scanned it in my PC so keep an eye out for the invoice. I dont think they screwing me just lookin out for #1

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Seems fair to me. These engines cost a lot to have work done on them. Especially Head Gaskets!! I would have added Head Studs while you where at it.

Dave

Last edited:

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
Looks about right to me. Did they only take off one head? Like Dave said I would have done studs right away.
I was going to write a little :rant on flat rate hours, but I'll spare y'all :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg