Need an Exhaust Gas Temp Gauge?

michaelg

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have a 2013 F250 SD 4X4 crew cab lariat short bed srw w/6.7L and automatic. tow a 13,000 lb 5th wheel rv. Traded in the 2001 7.3L similarly equiped truck. I had added boost, tran temp and egt gauges to the 2001 truck. New truck has boost and tran temp gauges and display on the dash info thing. I used the egt regularly when towing - back off a little on long steep up hill grades and to cool off before shutting down when stopping. Anyone with a 2013 6.7L worry about exhaust gas temp? Thinking I will add a gauge to mine. Anyone know one that would integrate with the info thing in the dash?

Jerry

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
With ANY diesel engine you need to watch the EGT's. I have not heard anything about the 6.7's EGT's. Add a gauge just like the 7.3. Have fun Joe.

Dave :thumbs

"Maxie"

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I would like to add a guage for my 6.7 as well.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
You can get a kit from one of our sponsors and add it to your truck. It will be an add-on gauge to the pillar or under the dash. You will have to drill a hole in the exhaust manifold for the temperature sensor and run a wire to the gauge along with wires for lights and power. Should take only a couple of hours if you know what you are doing. :thumbs

Dave

"Maxie"

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
This will be my next upgrade, once I do it, I will share my experience with you all.

Cratos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Edge Insight will plug and play for all egt sensors and a whole bunch of other stuff to.

michaelg

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
yes, Cratos, I saw that on line last week. It does a bunch more than I want and costs more too. Do you have and Insight, Cratos, and do you like it. The service advisor at my dealership say they can't send an EGT signal from the onboard computer to the info display. That's really what I'm looking for.

Thanks for the reply,
Jerry

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58