Need an Intercooler

rodney_s

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I think i need an intercooler. I pulled my boat (4000lb) yesterday and even in the stock mode I had 1000 deg temps at 55mph. The problem is, my traveltrailer is 10000lbs and I don't think it will pull it without the egt's getting out of hand. I saw where gtsmotorsports sells the spyder/piping kit for the intercooler. Will it work with a 6.0l intercooler?

thanks, Rodney

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Your mods and mine are nearly identical, I am not seeing temps anywhere close to those towing my TT (26" Nash approx 8K+ loaded) at interstate speeds (75-80mph). I tow in Tony's "tow mode" all the time.

addicted

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ltfox

You say you need a boot. Have you ran your IC yet?-popcorn What type of drops in EGT's have you seen personally on our 7.3L? By the way that looks really good under the hood. I think every 7.3L should have one :sly

rodney_s

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I really appreciate the posts. Any other advice would greatly appreciated

Rodney

ltfox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ltfox

You say you need a boot. Have you ran your IC yet?-popcorn What type of drops in EGT's have you seen personally on our 7.3L? By the way that looks really good under the hood. I think every 7.3L should have one :sly

Its been in for 6-8 months now. I did'nt see alot of drop until I added the .84 a/r housing. Then I dropped easy another 100 deg. The 6oh intercoolers have a 3" inlet and 3 1/4" outlet. (which is reversed with my setup). So went to ford and bought a inlet IC boot for a 6.0 powerstroke. Works like a charm and I tested it good last weekend towing and was impressed. Never got past 1150 degs. Thats with stock injectors though.

AlaskaRedneK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im going to install my set up next weekend. What I did was buy the twin ram intake and the turbo outlet from banks ($320), got a stock 7.3L IC ($110), got boots and clamps, and pipes from Fordpowerstroke73($175), and am going to throw it all together. I think it will work great. And all those prices were including shipping (to AK even):sweet

-Matt

Diesel Kinevel

97 Stroker
Reaction score
Im going to install my set up next weekend. What I did was buy the twin ram intake and the turbo outlet from banks ($320), got a stock 7.3L IC ($110), got boots and clamps, and pipes from Fordpowerstroke73($175), and am going to throw it all together. I think it will work great. And all those prices were including shipping (to AK even):sweet

-Matt

let us know how that goes I am planning to intercool mine eventually

addicted

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ltfox,

So you say you dropped about 100 or when you say another 100 do you mean 200 total?

Powerstroke73 I think you may have some business comming your way. Let me see what I can scrounge up at the end of this month and I will be shooting you a PM.

Alaska....can you get a turbo outlet by itself for less (as I don't need an intake as I've done the tymar and am more than happy. If that is the case it sounds like this IC could be set up for around 400

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the twin ram inlet he is talking about is where the air goes into the intake runners not into the turbo.

Banks has a very nice design that allows for a very fluid flow of the air into the engine so to feed the passenger's side bank the air does not have to make as sharp of a U-turn.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg