Need help! code p0603 internal ctrl mod kam error?

444ornothing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had it scanned and tested. Code p0237-turbo boost sensor A circuit low and p0603 internal control modual kam error are stored in the ecm. Injector buzz test showed no fualts but another test showed that cylinder #3 and #8 are running imballanced. Could that imballance be related to the internal control modual kam error? Hope I could get some good feed back before I'm forced to start changing parts that may not be bad.

bonestroker

stroke it if you got it
Reaction score
I get the 603 code every time change the program on mine. When it first popped that code I called the dealer & the mec told my to clear it out cuz it is a soft code & cuz I'm running a programer :dunno just my 2cents worth

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
0603 is the KAM error (keep alive memory) and it is being set due to your Edge Evo. No worries.

444ornothing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys! I guess the main problem now is the po237 code. after i clear the codes the ses light comes back on immediately when the key is turned on. Any idea for trouble shooting that code?

whitjo

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
the P0603 can also be set whenever power is interrupted to the PCM such as disconnecting the batteries.
the P0237 is probably like everbody is saying map sensor or map hose
only other possibility is wiring issue to the MAP???

444ornothing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the map fooler that I have installed already doesn't override the map? Therefore making the possibly faulty map senser less of a concern.

whitjo

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
the map fooler that I have installed already doesn't override the map? Therefore making the possibly faulty map senser less of a concern.

You still have to get a MAP output to the PCM, else you get the code.
The fooler just keeps it(the reading) from going high enough to defuel the engine, it's built into the program to prevent damaging the stock turbo from overboosting.
Your boost is still going higher than what the MAP sensor is telling the PCM that it is, that's why it's called a "fooler".

444ornothing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sharing your Knowledge is very much appreciated. It all makes better sence now. I'll try R+R the map sensor and let you guys know what the results are.

whitjo

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Sharing your Knowledge is very much appreciated. It all makes better sence now. I'll try R+R the map sensor and let you guys know what the results are.

Be sure to check the tube going to the MAP sensor and also the electrical connections to it.
If you still have problems with it after you replace the sensor, let me know and I will get you some info on pinpoint tests for that system.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14