Help Needed Need help locating problems with brakes

smokin joe

Smokin.....
Reaction score
When ever I apply the brakes they work fine. BUT if I let the pedal up and jam it down again RIGHT AWAY the pedal is rock hard and my truck does not hardly stop.
I have replaced the master cylinder & power booster. I have bled the lines really good. I checked for air leaks and cant locate any. When I pop off the hose to the power booster it releases the built up air. I hold my finger on the hose and I can feel air sucking from the hose. It doesnt seem to be sucking air as good as what is should.
Any suggestions?
Thanks ! :dizzy

MBRPCrazyford

Eat Some Smoke
Reaction score
OK here's one. My brake work great. The truck stops on a dime. Here's the problem, if I sit with HARD pedal pressure on the brake, it slowly drifts to almost the floor, but not quite. I never lose brake feel or anything like that, they just slowly drift to the floor. Now, when I let off the pedal and get back on it, the pedal is firm just likeit should be and then it starts going towards the floor again. It's weird. The brakes are bled fine, plenty of fluid. Nothing out of the ordinary. I'm not losing brake fluid anywhere. It's a little strange. Any help would be great. thanks

MBRPCrazyford

Eat Some Smoke
Reaction score
Hole in the diaphragm in the booster would be my guess.

So, that would mean a booster rebuild or a new one? Is there any way I can check the diaphragm? The booster is the big black thing that the master cylinder is attatched to by the firewall, correct?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14