need help. rpms and boost jumping around

pizzaman11

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Truck started to have a new problem about 4 days ago. On acceleration the rpms and boost are jumping around. Like for example the truck will rev up to 2000 then stop for 1/2 a second then go to 2150 for half a second then go to 2300. It seem to be acceleration almost in stages. Also everytime the rpms take a pause the boost will cut out. I can hear the turbo going in and out with the rpms. I know my turbo is leaking a little oil but i didnt think it was bad enough to effect anything. Recently ive replaced FICM, injector #4 and a few hoses(hoses shouldnt matter but trying to give you whole bad ground) All temps seem to be ok, no wierd noises except turbo and rpms cutting in and out, no vibrations, no wierd smoking or smells. Truck still driveable but in need of help. I havent checked for any codes and have no idea whats the issue. Any help would be appreciated!

thanks john

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
You need to check for the DTC's (Diagnostic Trouble Codes). Everything else is just guessing. Any good mechanic should be able to scan your truck for the DTC's.

Dave

pizzaman11

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
alright ill try and get it in ASAP. when i get the codes ill let you know.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg