Need Help With My Wildman Chip

DA-HEAT

The First Stroker
Reaction score
I just installed my new 6 pos. Wildman chip earlier this week. My tunes are 1.stock, 2.economy, 3.tow, 4.heavy tow, 5.extreme, 6.hi idle. I have a problem with some of the positions mainly extreme. One problem I have noticed is when I go to hi idle it wants to stumble almost die and then it will pick up and go to about 11-1200 and then be fine, the other main problem is with extreme it will start ok and has tons of power, but after running for a little while when it comes to idle it will start trying to stumble and almost seems like it is missing and some times I can feather the pedal and it will go away and act normal and other times it will not quit I have to change pos. or shut the truck off, but if I just take off and drive it the problem completely goes away until clutch is disengaged and engine is at idle. It almost acts like it is trying to compensate for something or trying to catch its breath when at idle b/c usually I can hold it at about 1 grand for a few and it quits and idles smooth. Any ideas or has the program got a few things too much in it:dizzy

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
In the extreme position your PCM (the chip) is advancing the injection timing quite a bit and also has raised your ICP duty cycle so you have higher oil pressure to the injectors, this is causing the lopey idle.

DA-HEAT

The First Stroker
Reaction score
yes I understand that lopey idle, it does that when it smooths out after the extreme vibrations and stumblin. Are you only supposed to drive it on extreme when racing or something, maybe I am not supposed to drive it all the time on extreme idk

Last edited:

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
wich extreme do you have?TW has a couple different ones.is your throttle like super touchy?sounds like a big block gasser with a huge nasty lopey cam in it at idle till it smooths out?if thats the case then it sounds like you have the luke cline extreme.if thats the one you have then everything it does in that program is normal.mine does the same idle down then back up when i switch to high idle.i think thats normal.never bothered me enough to worry about it.

does it sound like my truck does in the beginning of this video? new smokin psd72 - Putfile.com

DA-HEAT

The First Stroker
Reaction score
I don't know which extreme I have all he ask was what trans I had, and if I had intake, exhaust and gauges. I told him I wanted all out performance on one of my pos. and that is where my extreme level came from. The throttle is touchy when I let out on the clutch in 1st it lunges and is ready to go, its not missin but it acts that way until I get it to smooth out and it shakes the truck really bad but sometimes it seems like it won't smooth out and that's when it was worryn me. I mean for 10-15 seconds it vibrates, shakes, and acts horrible and that is when I switch pos. it might not be engine heat related but it seems after driven for awhile(thermostat opens) that's when it acts like this.

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
ok sounds like the luke extreme.call tony to confirm that if you want.but that is perfectly normal for that program.its calling for more timing and oil pressure like mike said.but you cant supply enough oil with a stock HPOP.hell my stealth system doesnt even help to straighten it out.

DA-HEAT

The First Stroker
Reaction score
So all the vibration and wierd things are normal is what you are saying. I have been trying to get ahold of Tony for a few days w/o luck. Anyway if this is normal will it hurt anything to drive like this often or should I use it only when I need it.

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
if its the same program that i have then yes everything is normal.wont hurt anything to drive it like that except your fuel bill and tires.i dont want you holding me to this wich is why you must check with TONY on exactly what extreme you have.you may have a variant of the program i have that was tweaked to work well on stock injectored trucks.my throttle is so touchy that i bet i could toss you into the rear seat with a little tap on the go pedal.but my truck has also had a ton of mods done to it :D

DA-HEAT

The First Stroker
Reaction score
Thanks for your help;tu I got to keep trying to get ahold of him I guess to make sure its normal and not a malfunction of the chip.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58