Need help with Oil leak in exhaust!

thomas5853

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Well here is the problem: back before Memorial Day weekend my truck was blowing white smoke. I took it to a local ford dealer and they said it was my egr cooler. I had block off plates installed when my oil cooler went out back in July 2010. I took the truck to a local mechanic because the price was a lot better than ford. When he took everything apart, the block off plates was still in place and oil was spraying into the exhaust. I decided to get an upgraded turbo since the price wasn’t that much more than a factory one. When the new turbo arrived, I had it installed along with the improved turbo drain tube.
Now the turbo sprays oil out the exhaust! So I decided to drive the truck home with different stops to add oil to get it home so I can change out the turbo since it is under warranty. It took 6 quarts of oil to get home. Well I sent the turbo back to the manufacture and then ended up sending me a new turbo and said there was nothing they could see wrong, but saw where the turbo was spraying oil. I installed the new turbo and the same problem is happening! But now, when trying to get the truck home, it will stall out and maybe I can drive it about a mile before it shuts off. I have to hold my foot into the pedal to get it started.
The other problem is I am on a time crunch to move some trailers to New Mexico before going to Germany for 3 years. I was supposed to leave Kentucky on the 20th of June. But not until I can get this truck running again.
So I am guessing my turbo is bad again. What else could be going wrong with the truck? Does anyone have any ideas?

RSG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is a weird one. I can only hope someone on this site can address it. Best wishes!

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
man, that's about the only place I know where oil could get into the exhaust..

coondog491

Full Access Member
Reaction score
x2 with JLDickmon.

That's really the only place to get oil in the exhaust. From the bearings inside the turbo.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58