need help

97 F350

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
i got a 97 F350 single wheel quad cab 4x4. i want to put a chip on it and a intake. it needs a new turbo and i also want to put dual 4" pipes with 6"tips any idea on whats the best for pulling trailers with. want the power to pull and still run with good mpg... smoke is not a problem.

:dunno

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
welcome to the site!

smoke is not a problem.

it is when you are towing.....if the coal is constantly rolling out the pipes, molten peices of turbo and pistons will follow. a good towing tune on a chip would be perfect, and really wake the thing up.

dp tuner, and tony wildman are favorites around here for chips on the OBS.

if you are doing turbo work, maybe get a smaller turbine housing to spin it a bit more :turbo

for exhaust, more important than anything else, you MUST put a 3" downpipe on it. the factory one is shaped like a cobras head, nice and flat!

most people are making thier own intakes really cheap, search around and you will find some posts with pictures. its really easy and comes out great.

also, if you are getting a chip, you will need gauges - pyro and trans temp so you know you arent cooking anything. boost gauge is fun to have also.

search around and ask away ;tu

97 F350

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
thanks i got some gauges comeing and im thinking about gettin the bully dog 6 Position 4 Bank Chip for it. i want to get the 3 inch down pipe to but its all about the money so its going to take some time. i will put up some pics of it as i go.

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
i would spend the money on the down pipe before anything else personally, i gained 2mpg highway and city driving with my '97. at todays fuel prices it will pay for itself and the rest is all savings, the added power is just a bonus ;)

97 F350

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
dang!

just off the down pipe you gained 2? ya i need all the help i can get bc i got 4.10 in mine and get 12 if im lucky. ya im in louisiana right now and they said it might be up to $4.00 in a month. thats another thing is that i want to get rid of the 4.10 but i dont kno on what to go with that i got the gears to pull with but get the mileage and can still run?:dunno

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
3.73 are good all around gears. i tow fairly heavy with 3.55's and have no problems, its not a rocket from a stop, and it downshifts on hills, but i can go fast and get decent mileage !

as for wvo, i cant help you out, but i am getting more interested in it as the days go on....i saw 4.20 per gal today.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58