need info, homespun big oil in the works...

johndeerebones

GOT PMS?
Reaction score
Hey guys, over on tds the number of knowledgeable guys that actually give answers to questions has dropped down to about. 1 per 1000, even less sense Jason sold out, no really, post anything actually wanting knowledge and not an opinion and you get 3000000 views but very few replies. I know some of you good ole boys lurk here quite abit, wanna comment on this post I made over of STD? Here it is

CLICKY CLICKY CLICKY

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
couldnt rear your post over there
to many commercials and pop ups

but yes you could get a commerical hydraulic pump.......
but youd have to fit it to the 7.3 engine and gear case
a big oil pusher available from one our sponsors might solve your problems

or one from another reputable source

pm roosterdiesel
he has tons of knowledge in this arena;tu

johndeerebones

GOT PMS?
Reaction score
couldnt rear your post over there
to many commercials and pop ups

but yes you could get a commerical hydraulic pump.......
but youd have to fit it to the 7.3 engine and gear case
a big oil pusher available from one our sponsors might solve your problems

or one from another reputable source

pm roosterdiesel
he has tons of knowledge in this arena;tu

That is exactly how I am wanting to go, fit the IH powersteering case and gear to it....

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
No surprise that you cant get help at TDS. :D

I read your question and I know I have seen the numbers that you are requesting. Back in the earlier days Bean and Jonathan discussed this stuff openly. Its not a HUGE amount of oil we are trying to circulate, but when you factor in the pressures that we are dealing with and then couple it with needing to fit in the valley of the 7.3 it gets a bit dicey. Have your tried giving Bean a call yet? If all you are looking for is supply quantities I am fairly certain he will share them with you.

johndeerebones

GOT PMS?
Reaction score
No surprise that you cant get help at TDS. :D

I read your question and I know I have seen the numbers that you are requesting. Back in the earlier days Bean and Jonathan discussed this stuff openly. Its not a HUGE amount of oil we are trying to circulate, but when you factor in the pressures that we are dealing with and then couple it with needing to fit in the valley of the 7.3 it gets a bit dicey. Have your tried giving Bean a call yet? If all you are looking for is supply quantities I am fairly certain he will share them with you.

Naw I haven't. The figures I came up with are from the 7cc per revolution on the stock pump based on Swamps post back a few years. I am sure the flow figures are sound, and 4000 psi is more than enough, the biggest obstacle I see is the relatively low rpms available been as its driven at cam speed. Retaining the piston pump should take care of that though. Piston pumps are generally more effecient at lower rpms, and gear pumps need a little more speed to pull better flow rates, so they should balance each other out. I am also sure Bean would help too, I talked to him and ended up replacing my ipr back 4 or 5 years ago when I was learning about the strokes and BDP was just another man working for swamp.....super nice guy and helpful. I just hate to bother him as I'm sure hes super busy....

By the way haven't seen ya lately, missing the 95 yet? Those new trucks sure are a nice ride but I still love the shape and lines of the obs, ain't much of a fan of the 6.0 either....

Last edited:

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
By the way haven't seen ya lately, missing the 95 yet? Those new trucks sure are a nice ride but I still love the shape and lines of the obs, ain't much of a fan of the 6.0 either....

I get a pang of guilt every once in a while. The 95 was a good truck, but it was time for it to go. I havent been running the 06 as much as I used to run the 95 but so far so good.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58