need new trans

IHC Power

STOCK STROKE
Reaction score
Transmission

For a stock truck a reman Ford tranny would be fine but you got big'ol tires and performance goodies s I would have to say ATS with a double clutch billet converter. don't have one but someone here does and will tell you there opinion I'm sure.

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
BTS and John Woods carry the best warranty. I have heard of issues with ATS. If you have the ability to remove and replace your own, pick between BTS and JW and have them ship one to you. Another option would be to have it built locally and provide them with the torque converter and valve body you want. Both BTS and JW sell vavle bodies. Precision Industries makes a good TC.

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
BTS (Brians Truck Shop). There are none that get any any better than Brian's trannys.

Brian had a guy with a 12 second Cummins in a Superduty F-350 basically acting as a test mule for his trannys. With that much horsepower, the guy managed to break the 4R100 many times. But everytime it broke, Brian would tear it apart, figure out what broke and improve it so it wouldn't break again. I think it eventually got to the point where the only thing breaking was the custom made adapter input shaft that allowed the Cummins to mate with the 4R100.

I've had one for I'm guessing 7 or 8 years and 130,000 or so miles. I haven't been able to break it yet.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg