Need opinions on this setup...

Joelude

New Superduty Owner!
Reaction score
Complete 6.0 Ford Powerstroke Solution

Found this while doing a google search. I was hoping to find a kit like this that involved all the parts necessary to do the repairs on my Superduty. Anyone had any experience with this kit or company? Anyone know if they are reputable? Any opinions are welcomed... even other options that any of you know of. Hope to hear from you guys soon.

shhorn68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have done a lot searching, recently, for an EGR delete setup. Some of the posts I have found had folks that used these products and they were pleased with the quality. Having said that, I have never used their products myself.

Joelude

New Superduty Owner!
Reaction score
Thats the problem... I don't want to be the test dummy! HAHAHAHAHA! The price seems fair for what you get... and it seems like a well put together kit. It is very tempting at the price it is at.

ckamp52

ckamp52
Reaction score
it seems to be a decent kit to install...it looks similar to the egr delete that i have as for the brand i havent ever heard of them but thats not to say they arent good, there a lot of good things that dont know about...the only thing that i would get more information on is what the ford factory oil cooler kit actually is...i just went ahead and got the shop to put my kit on while they were doing the studs and i know they said they wouldnt put the egr stuff on unless i got a better oil cooler so i think they put in an aftermarket one (my buddy works at the dealership so he got all this done for me so not 100% on the specifics but looks like a decent kit for the money convenient one stop shopping though

Last edited:

Joelude

New Superduty Owner!
Reaction score
Curious question ckamp52... being that you have the EGR delete done, how does it fare during emissions testing?

rustinh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not a bad price. I picked everything up for mine for about 1300, that included everything they're showing and all the updated parts from Ford.

hollisda

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
When I did the EGR cooler delete, I bought the Sinister kit through MKM. Seemed to be quality materiial; fit good. Other than the head gaskets, everthing else in the overhaul kit appears to be FoMoCo, so I would think this would be a good kit.

Joelude

New Superduty Owner!
Reaction score
Well... decided to become the test dummy for this kit. Bought it a couple nights ago... should be at my place no later than this coming Tuesday. I will report back on how the kit looks and the quality it "seems" to have. My truck will be at the shop for the next two weeks having this kit installed as well as a new 8" lift kit. I will be able to give opinions after the truck is up and running again. Stay tuned!

Joelude

New Superduty Owner!
Reaction score
So I got the work done that was needed... with a few hiccups along the way. But all in all... not as bad as I thought it was going to be. I will try to get some pictures of the work that was done a little later. But I have a couple questions for you guys.

I did order the SCT X3 tuner with the custom tunes as well as the EGR Cooler delete code. So my questions are as follows:

1. I have not received my tuner in the mail yet... although its coming on Monday I believe. Is it alright to be driving with the EGR system deleted but no tune to correct it?

2. Pre Question- While driving currently... my gauge shows no boost. I can hear the turbo. I know its working. But the truck has little to no power and is very sluggish. Not the same truck as it was before all the work. Is this in direct relation to the EGR System being gone and the truck is in a "limp mode?"

I am afraid to drive the truck with this current issue. Is there anything else I should be looking at? I did read my codes with the Edge Insight that I have... only to find the EGR codes and nothing else. I just don't understand the lack of stock power... unless it is in a limp mode of some kind. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14