Need real mirrors

dsonyay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need to remove the mirrors I have on my 98 F350 (the standard type) and replace with the bracketed type (I think they are referred to as "west Coast" style).

Does Ford sell a plastic trim piece to cover the hole where the factory mirror is removed?

Where are some good places to buy this mirror/bracket setup?

Thanks
David

dsonyay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't want the Ford upgraded mirrors. I want the commercial looking bracketed mirrors. Kinda look like what you see on the big "18 wheelers"

David

Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Different strokes for different folks. I think that there are actually more square inches of mirror on the stock mirrors for an '08 than the west coast style mirrors. The inches are also more usable. Besides that, compared to the stock mirrors, I think that the west coast mirrors are way UGLY!!!

dsonyay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm a truck driver so I need function over fashion. This mirror system is superior to either of Ford's offerings. My truck is used as a commercial vehicle. I just need some sources to buy them, not opinions on what is stylish.

No, the mirrors I want have far more "real estate" than either of the mirrors offered by Ford.

Please let me know if anyone here uses this setup and where you bought it- besides from the Ford commercial sales section.

Thanks,
David

aggitator

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
check out your local truck bone yard for an f650 for the mirrors and cover peices. looking around for some my self. can get the power and heated also.

dsonyay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I may try a commercial truck sales place nearby to get some ideas too. Those guys usually have someone outfit their trucks going to the end customer.

I didn't think of a salvage yard. Thanks
David

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14