Need some help guys

sawed off

Party like a rockstar
Reaction score
Im looking at buying some new wheels for my 06 6.0 f-250 The ones I have in mind are the 20" Moto metal 950's. My problem that I ran into today is that I have been emailling a few dealers on these rims, well one got back to me today and told me that those wheels have a negative offset and if I want to put these ones on I'd have to lift my truck 6". Is this true?? I want to keep my truck the stock height and I don't know what tire I should run with these new rims if they even work. I think my stock one right now is equivilant to a 35 or close to it. I heard that a 33x12.50 might fit. If you guys have any help to this subject it would be appreaciated. Thanks

irish4x4

Mayor of Margaritaville
Reaction score
saw- The Moto Metals (in the 20 inchers) are only available in a 9" and 10" offset. This offset will effectivly place the tire too far outside the fenders edge. They will rub horribly on the inner fender well. By suggesting you lift your truck you would increase the distance between the tread area and the fender. The 950's are an excellent wheel, but if you have no desire to lift the truck or hack the crud out of the fender then these arent the wheels for you. Try Ultra wheels or Amererican racing, even Centerline. You may find something else you like. Definatly stay with the chrome finish. Sooooo easy to keep clean.:goodluck

sawed off

Party like a rockstar
Reaction score
That really bites man. But thanks for the heads up on them! What if I went with a smaller wheel? or would I be in the same place for the offset?

irish4x4

Mayor of Margaritaville
Reaction score
By going down in wheel dia. you may find more options as far as offset from the wheel manufacturers. If you found an 18x6 you would only be hindered by the tire width. But it looks like you have the factory 20's, and you would probably like to run your current tires instead of laying out the cash for wheels AND tires. There are a few sweet wheels through Eagle Alloy's .Eagle Alloy Wheels

I noticed a 20x8.5 in the series 114 that would work.

sawed off

Party like a rockstar
Reaction score
Thanks irish! Yeah I do have the factory 20's on it right now, and I don't think I can go down to far in size because of the big calapers. I know that my old 16x10's wouldn't work.

06PSDROCK

Big Chief
Reaction score
The smallest diameter wheel you should be able to use is the 17" wheels for that year. If you do go smaller I would not go less than 18" because there are a lot more tire size options in the 18s than the 17s and the 20" tires are expensive.

I know the 18s are expensive too but not as bad as the 20s.

I went from factory 17s to aftermarket 18s from procomp.

irish4x4

Mayor of Margaritaville
Reaction score
The smallest diameter wheel you should be able to use is the 17" wheels for that year. If you do go smaller I would not go less than 18" because there are a lot more tire size options in the 18s than the 17s and the 20" tires are expensive.

I know the 18s are expensive too but not as bad as the 20s.

I went from factory 17s to aftermarket 18s from procomp.

Exacto-mundo. Tires with an 18" hole have more choices available from the tire manufacturers.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14