need some help on a decision

iceman32

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, i'm looking at getting a diesel and i found to at a dealership and wanted some extra opinions on which one to look at.
there asking 14k for either one so price isn't a deciding factor
any ways the first one is
a 2000 f-350 crew cab sb 7.3 auto with 176k miles. its a lariat so its got all the bells and whistles like leather and power seats. plus it's got a cold air intake and what looks like a 4'' exhaust. (which i was planning on putting on anyway)
the second one is a 2002 f-250 crew cab 7.3 auto with 150k miles
but it appears stock and has a cloth interior which doesn't bug me.

the only thing i saw on the f-350 was it looks like something might have hit the back of the bed because where the bed meets the cab it has a slight bow in the center and a small crack in the paint on the lower right corner of the back window.

now i am planning on having the one picked looked over by my mechanic.
but does anyone have any advice or opinions. personally i like the 350 a little better seeing as it has the goodies but i'll have to see if it has any structural damage. also is 14k a reasonable asking price for a truck like this? what would you suggest as an offer for the truck? :thanks again

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
A Ford dealer can run an Oasis report on the truck. This will show all of the work done by a Ford dealer and recalls, if any, on the truck. I would not worry about the small dent in the bed, many have this. Something slid forward when someone hit the brakes.

Dave

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Sounds like a fair price for both of them. You didnt mention...4x4 or 2x4? If all things are equal, I would lean for the 1 ton and as a bonus, you get forged rods in the 2000, the 2002 will have the PMR rods in it which are fine unless you plan on engine modifications that will get you near 400 HP.

iceman32

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
there both 2wd and im in sacramento. the price for around here seems fair a while ago a guy was selling a 99 f240 with a manual with 200k for 14 and it sold so i guess that i'll just try an offer and see what they say thanks guys. i was leaning towards the 00' 350 anyways so i guess i'll just have to get stuff checked out.thanks again

jopes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got my 01 for 22k from cypress in auburn. 61k, 4x4, 6 spd, supercab, long box. I would look them up as they sell alot of superduties.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg