need some help on upgrading my stock mirrors

dsonyay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My F350 came without the upgraded mirrors. I have the plain door mirrors.
(with electric mirror control)

I want to get the upgraded towing mirrors. When I went to the dealer they had many variations it was confusing.

Which one should I get? Does anyone know the different part numbers?

Being my stock mirrors are electric, can I get any type of upgraded tow mirrors? Some are manual folding, some electric folding/extend.

Will my electric mirror control be able to adapt to the upgraded towing mirrors without having to buy a new mirror control too?

Thanks
David

dsonyay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My other option is to remove the mirrors and simply bolt on the big "trucker" style mirrors commonly seen on the commercial vehicles. Anyone know of a place I can get these, let me know too.

caissiel

Laurent
Reaction score
There are lots of mirrors available on E Bay. I had manuals and I installed 2008 style manual units for $100. I personaly would not put any other then 08 Style with posibly not electric extend because you need better switches. It was realy easy to install 08's on my 05. There was just one location bump that I had to cut off on the mirror base. the size off the convex mirror is so big that i use it 90% of the time. Top mirror has lots of size but does not show as large an area as the bottom one.

drmjf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
caissiel is right the mirror will bolt up with minor mods. If you get power mirrors they will work but you may have to make a connector adapter to hook them up. I have 05 mirrors on my 99. Had to use an adapter but they work, also added a switch and relay and now they are heated too.:goodluck Mike

King0581

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the '08 mirrors on my truck and love them. They took a little getting used to at first but well worth it. Now I have heat, sigs and the blind spot mirror is GREAT!

dsonyay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ooops. I have an 08 350. Like I said I do have electric mirrors, but not the towing mirrors.

If I buy the upgraded mirrors, I'm not sure of the proper part numbers. Can I intall the all electric mirrors and be able to extend them electrically? Fold them electrically? Or would I need to swap out the electric controls too?

If I keep my same controls can I still use them to adjust mirrors and manually control the fold/extend function??

Thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58