Need some part help '08 f350

borg54

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey all - i need a little bit of help/advice. A friend of mine cashed my truck into the back of a Ford Focus (I AM SO DONE LOANING OUT MY TRUCK), i thought there was only bumper damage, but it looks like the oil cooler (?) or intercool was damaged and has some holes in it.

1) What radiator like part directly behind the bumper and in front of the radiator? I believe it is black.

2) The hole is quite small and when the engine is running air is rushing out of it but no fluid. Could I just seal it up with some JB weld or radiator sealer and be good?

3) if i do need to replace it, it is an easy job? any special tools/knowledge necessary?

Thanks so much all!

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
First off, What do you drive? Fill out your signature by going to the USER CP in the blue line above. This will help us help you. If air is escaping, you have a hole in the intercooler. It is best to replace the intercooler because it can fail and leave you with very little power (no boost). I would not trust JB Weld or any epoxy. Get a new intercooler.

Dave

borg54

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
If it is the A/C condenser i think i am going to try JB weld first. If it holds great, if it fails, then i can just get a new one and i wouldn't be stranded...

borg54

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Will i need to recharge the A/C system after i install the new condenser? I am assuming i will.

(I went ahead an ordered a new condenser cause they were only $100 online.)

wpfd571

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think my friend would be getting my truck fixed for me. I would kill him, a friend of my borrowed my truck and brought it back with the chip on the race setting, he no longer uses any of my stuff

Yep your gonna need a recharge

borg54

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
uhg it is the worst! people have no f-ing clue how to drive/take care of a truck like this. they treat it like a uhaul. There is a reason those rental truck look like sh!t.

The few times I had loan it out was to someone like my boss, so i cant say no.

Every time, i mean every time i loan it out it comes back with damage. If i am lucky and the jokers dont hit something then they hang crap out of the bed that rubs the paint off etc.

Nowadays, even if it is my boss, i say, ill pay for your uhaul rental cause i don't loan out my truck. They dont take me up on it of course, but it shows them how much i dont want people driving my truck.

As far as my friend fixing it, he is dead broke, and i would never let him near it with a wrench...

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some lessons are hard to learn, but it looks like you have learned a real hard one. Your truck is a 2008, don't you have ins. on it? You would have to pay the deductible, but it would be fixed right at he dealer.
Good Luck.
Doug

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58