Need some taillight help

dirttysouth

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have no brakelights on my driverside taillight...checked the bulb it looked good, but I went ahead and swapped it anyways, still no luck. The truck didn't come with an owners manual, so I could tell which fuse went to it, so I pulled every fuse under the dash. I did find a 25amp that was blown, don't know what it went to, but still no brake light after I replaced it, couldn't find any others blown. I read on here that all of the fuses for the towing stuff was in small fuse box to the left of the booster, so I checked that fuse box and there was only like two fuses and neither one of them was blown....so I'm out of ideas. Anyone have copy of the fuse box diagram so I can double check the ones that go to the taillights again and make sure I get all the fuses back in the right spot(there was some empty slots want to make sure I didn't accidentally get a fuse in the wrong spot)....anyone else got any suggestions? My truck is an '04 F250 6.0 xcab with the factory trailer light package

4x4grey88

Nascar Fan #88
Reaction score
If only one side brake light does not work and the other works then it is not a fuse problem. Check your wiring with a meter to make sure you are getting power/continuity.

It sounds to me that you have a broken wire going to that connector.

Last edited:

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
One fuse for both tail lights. I will be willing to bet that someone has messed with the wiring.

Dave

dirttysouth

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
The lights were working until just a couple days ago....Also they way I discovered this is I have no trailer brake or turn signal lights...only taillights. I messed with the wiring on the trailer, but new lights on and everything and then discovered I had a brake light out on the truck....its odd that I don't have brake or turn on either side of the trailer though.

Can someone please post a pic of the fusebox diagram?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigtruk