NEED TO LOCATE GOOD DIESEL SHOP

true91799

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Guys I need some help. I had my truck to my local dealer for an oil leak that leaves about a 3" spot in the garage (cardboard) every night. They replaced the "fuel pressure relay????" and said that was the source. It wasn't. The HPOP O-rings were done some months ago and there is NO oil in the cradle behind the fuel filter. The only oil I see on the motor is from one bolt on the turbo that usually has a drop of oil hanging from it. NOW, my dealer admits they don't know much about diesels, but if I would remove my Afe intake, 4" exhaust, and put the CCV back the way it was, they would look at it again. Otherwise, they weren't going to work on a modified truck. -mad

I am NOT returning my truck to stock because frankly, it sucks stock.:sorry

I am running the SCMT on the truck also and from the research I have done here I am guessing it has to be something around the turbo pedestal or the EBPV, but I am NOT a wrencher!:dunno

I have called around my area and I can't find a diesel shop that will work on Powerstrokes.....plenty of shops that will work on Cummins.:confused:

Mine is an 02 with 85k on it. I live 30 miles south of Cincinnati, OH, and 50 miles north of Lexington, KY. I guess I need a performance shop that doesn't care about modifications, just wants to find and fix the problem. I would like to change out the compressor wheel, and do the upgrade on the boots while I'm "down". ANY help would make me eternally grateful as I am at the end of my rope!:hail

stroke_smoke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
have you tried miami valley international? thier in sharonville if your familiar with so. oh. i've never went thier for service but i have been thier for parts and walked a way with a free international hat :sweet ! they seemed pretty laid back. and they work just about any thibg that comes in*i think*. if you want i can get you the phone # and you can call and ask em if they have a proplem with fixin moded units. or i can call for you and let you know what they say.

true91799

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks SS. I never thought about them. I DO know where they are. I think they deal in Isuzu too. I'll call and see what they say.....I'll let you know.

true91799

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
No luck with Miami VAlley Diesel. I have a lead on another shop though. It's in Florence, KY. We'll see.

stroke_smoke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you could wait a while we could get toghether and do our own little "texas mod party". got to get funding for new i/c boots and other little items. bout anoter month or so.

stroke_smoke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i'm sure it would be the blind leading the blind. maybe not. but what could go wrong? we could set up a web cam and one of ya'll more expierenced guys could assist!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl