need to remove engine for over haul

bears4x4

grease monkey
Reaction score
:( i need to pull my engine for overhaul, well we believe that a crank bearing is gone , unusual vibrations at idle but OK at throttle,something not right internally.

can my 7.3 be pulled by removing the front clip and bumper? any advice for this, ill be doing it in my drive way and building the engine in my garage:dizzy
i hope

IHC Power

STOCK STROKE
Reaction score
Engine removal.....

Your going to need to removed the whole nose of the truck like Joe said, radiator, cac, bumper, header panel, lights, grill, rad support, and the a/c condensor also which you need an a/c machine to evacuate the system. it's really not a driveway kinda job but you gotta do what you gotta do. I've done about 15 oil pans and overhauls on that engine and taking the engine out is your best bet but there are people that pull the turbocharger and jack the cab to pick the engine up enough to removed the pan and stuff a set of bearings in. Make sure you keep your engine overhaul area clean!! Good luck

mrwrench

Full Access Member
Reaction score
to remove the 7.3 just remove the radiator and coolers and radiator support and the engine come out to the front , remove the turbo for more lift -

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14