Need your input please!

Nasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took my 04 F350 in for its regular service late yesterday so thay would have it overnite and be able to cold-start it. I have noticed it to be much noisier than usual on startup this last while. The mechanic agreed and did a system analysis.. He tells me #4 and #8 injectors are needing replaced and the EGR gave a fault code as well. They have suggested that I should consider replacing all the injectors...that perhaps the other 6 aren't far behind. Now..my this is my dilema...at nearly $600 Canadian per injector plus the nearly $500 for the EGR valve; plus a token amount for labour I'm sure; this is getting to the hurtful stage. Anyone have any suggestions or experiences they might like to share..would really appreciate it as I'm starting to feel a little "poor me" coming on. Thx all..Nasty

BTW the truck has approx 275000k (170000 miles?) daily round trip fo 1260 k approx.

superdutyfan

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Nasty said:
Took my 04 F350 in for its regular service late yesterday so thay would have it overnite and be able to cold-start it. I have noticed it to be much noisier than usual on startup this last while. The mechanic agreed and did a system analysis.. He tells me #4 and #8 injectors are needing replaced and the EGR gave a fault code as well. They have suggested that I should consider replacing all the injectors...that perhaps the other 6 aren't far behind. Now..my this is my dilema...at nearly $600 Canadian per injector plus the nearly $500 for the EGR valve; plus a token amount for labour I'm sure; this is getting to the hurtful stage. Anyone have any suggestions or experiences they might like to share..would really appreciate it as I'm starting to feel a little "poor me" coming on. Thx all..Nasty

BTW the truck has approx 275000k (170000 miles?) daily round trip fo 1260 k approx.

Try this: http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php Several Ford techs there that are very helpful. That price for the egr is out to lunch I believe. don't know about the injectors. Ford would only replace the two bad ones if it was on their nickel, if that's any help to you. I think I would just do the bad ones. Try the ford truck site though. In the future you can clean the egr valve periodically to avoid replacing it. There are instructions for doing that in the tech section. Also a good fuel additive like Diesel Kleen helps a lot if you aren't already using one. Some guys dump the egr altogether. There are instructions for that as well. Good luck.

Nasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
fordtrucker4life! said:
Replace the bad ones and order the others from the US:usa then replace them yourself.
thx guyz......I decided to replace just the 2 bad ones, hopefully they are just an anomally (ya think) and order a block plate for the EGR and do away with it...appreciate the input and the url for the Ford users site.

Be well!

PS: what kind of savings could a fella expect by ordering them (injectors)from the US of A?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14