New 6.2

RickGmi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The word I got from someone who is working at a Ford engine prototype company
Possible 6.2 Boss Diesel, all I heard so far is that the block weight 280 and the crank weights 170,
Will Have more details in a few days..

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
None of us know anything brent. The link I posted about the 6.4 could be completely homemade for all we know?

ranger boy

Banned User
Reaction score
hmmmm....you make a strong point my friend, and I could picture some lonely guy without anything to do, doing that...

RickGmi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok update....the 6.2 Boss is a gasser...Sorry about that,
But there is a new Diesel comming out...and I dont have all the spec's but before you get sceptic..just remeber this...this was rechecked and it really does come from a company doing ford prototype and it will be out in 2-3 years..7.2 H4...that is what the engine is called...so keep this in mind and remember the name...

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
RickGmi said:
it will be out in 2-3 years..7.2 H4...that is what the engine is called..

That would mean that the 6.4L would only see a two year production run? :confused:

ranger boy

Banned User
Reaction score
I dunno, buy my heads-a-spinnin'

And I heard that it might not even come out in 07, so might only see a 1-2 year run? :confused:

jvencius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm generally distrustful of the oh-so-numerous "I know a guy whose brother/uncle/father/fifth cousin twice-removed/etc... works at IH/Ford/XXXXXX Company and he says....." rumors. There were so many going around about the 6.0, and then the mini-PSD and, well, pretty much any automotive doodad that until I see one or get firsthand info from someone I trust, most of those rumors get ignored.

Last edited:

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
welll
as i throw fuel on the fire

my dealer fleet sales guy, whilst doing the f650 mock up, said the 7.3 was due back around model 09-10
this was back in june
and i asked if it wasnt the cat 7.2 he was refering. he said NOPE
so
its all smoke and mirrors

RickGmi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well The 6.0 is'nt doing that good from what i hear alot of the 7.3 faithfulls are not really happy with the 6.0...But here is one thing you might think of I live in The Detroit area, The motor city, most of the companies here are hooked up with the Big 3, and if you want to find a prototype company working for the Big 3, then all you have to do is get into the yellow pages, and there are alot of them.
So when you really think about it, is it possible that since i live in the Detroit area I might really know someone who might really know something,,,,Like I said I dont want to start a keyboard war about this,,just keep the words..7.2-H4 in mind and see what happens...also I dont know what the H4 stands for, could it be 4 valves per cylinder.. I dont know but in the next 6 months I probly will...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64