New and have question

hogsanddogs

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hello all. I just purchased a new 09 F250 SD and have a question. My truck has the tailgate with built in step and RV camera. I haul dogs in a box in the bed and want to trade out the step tailgate for a new takeoff gate that does not have the step. Reason is when then dogs jump in and out the gate cover is slick and the step handle can catch their feet, potentially causing injury. Question: is the tailgate release access for gates without camera the same as those with camera. I want to maintain the RV camera and locking mechanism. Can I just switch them out and put the new gate back on. Looked at just taking off the plastic gate cover cover and handle but the underneath is not a solid skin. Full of holes. Thanks for any info.

yukondiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Velcro a piec of indoor/outdoor carpet on the tail gate. It will by unobtrusive (when removed), protect the gate and most of all protect the dogs. You can just rip it off and roll it up when you don't want it on there (I'll bet you leave it on more than off)...Regards...joe

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14