New and need info. Which one to get 7.3L or 6.0L???

SJB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, for people who know what they are doing...its a pretty straight-forward process and they can have the cab off pretty quick...but still labor intensive in my opinion...

Just doesn't sound easy for that at home do it yourselfer such as myself. But then again, I have a lot to learn about diesel repairs if I decide to buy one.

JRJ04

Reaction score
yes its def not something your typical DIY at home can do. You have to have some sort of lift and a garage or work area tall enough to lift the cab off.

SJB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
6.0 Upgrades Cost???

So I've read about guys adding this EGR delete and changing the head bolts to correct some of the 6.0's chronic problems. What would each of these procedures roughly cost individually to do with parts (both doing it yourself - and at a shop)?

Are these things that can be done relatively easy by the do-it-yourselfer? Does it require special tools/equipment? I'm no mechanic by any means, but give me a manual and I'll try it if it will save me money.

JRJ04

Reaction score
not sure about egr delete kits...around 250 ish? Head studs will run you around 600-700 and those prices are all parts alone, no labor included.

bears4x4

grease monkey
Reaction score
My question to ya sjb, what's your background on cars, it comes down to if ya feel confident in doing engine work and or ya know some one who does, if you start working on it and don't finsh it most shops charge a lil more to cover your goof up, like most 7.3 or 6.0 you could get a good one or bad, either way people will swear by both.

bears4x4

grease monkey
Reaction score
My question to ya sjb, what's your background on cars, it comes down to if ya feel confident in doing engine work and or ya know some one who does, if you start working on it and don't finsh it most shops charge a lil more to cover your goof up, like most 7.3 or 6.0 you could get a good one or bad, either way people will swear by both.

SJB

Full Access Member
Reaction score

As far as the inner guts of the engine, I don't really have any experience. My experience is basically the external bolt on repairs.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14