New antenna, Ham it up!!

Oboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wonted to show off my new antenna! Got a 3el SteppIR with the 40/30 and 6m addon. Loven it!
2308360360064377141S425x425Q85.jpg

Thanks CHP for getting me started in the hobby!

Oboy AKA Mark K5WMH 73

Last edited:

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
Looks good Mark.............!!!

I have a buddy looking at one of those. You'll have to give us your review of it

Tbar

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
My tower is still in pieces on the ground, but my antenna is put together. All for the lack of affordable concrete...:confused:

Some vandal cut my ropes that held my G5RV in the trees, so that wire is on the ground, too. :rant

But I would be interested in learning what you think of your new antenna, maybe I can put up something as elaborate when I hit the lottery.:lmao

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Hey Mark! Welcome back to the radar screen:D:sweet I dig the install:notworthy

You asked about CB's and I said nahhh lets do you one better,glad to see you're still active:cool:

Oboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well all I can say is, money well spent!!! Having one antenna that can do 6m-40m, and be a mono bander for each (40/30 dipole) band! It is not cheep but think how much you would pay to get the same band coverage with mono antennas! Highly recommend this antenna. I picked up a used SmallIR to use with the 5er, and at this point, I’m just not impressed with it. So I would go with the beam, if you can.

Bill, been doing a lot of DXing and I also won the out of 7th area, low power, SSB contest. Boy am I glade you talk me into ham radio and not a cb!!!

73 Mark

Last edited:

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
so, im ignorant when it comes to HAM stuff.......what kind of range can you get, how many watts are required to get said range?

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
so, im ignorant when it comes to HAM stuff.......what kind of range can you get, how many watts are required to get said range?
You are not ignorant, just uninformed. There is a difference.

Depending upon your license class, you can talk worldwide with just 100 watts of power, if you are using high frequency. But you will need a General or Extra class license to have those privileges.

VHF and UHF, which the Technician class (entry level) amateur tends to have a shorter range. But the 6 meter band is also available to Technicians, and with proper conditions, you can talk across the country.

It actually takes some effort to get an amateur license, but it is nowhere near as difficult as it once was. Knowledge of Morse Code is no longer required. The ability to learn rules, regulations, and basic electronic theory is required.

Find out more here American Radio Relay League Home Page

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
Just worked Spain on 50 watts, digital PSK31.

KD5ZPG

Oboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
;tu Lance, so your into dig also. Its a fun part of the hobby! SO have you worked alot of DXCC Countrys yet?

Just worked Spain on 50 watts, digital PSK31.
KD5ZPG

Zookie400
Here is a link for CT Ham clubs, not sure which one would be close to you. This hobby is a lot of fun, check it out! You can talk all over the world!

ARRLWeb: Affiliated Club Search

73 Mark

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58