New Coolant Wiki Added

CHPMustang

Reaction score
bigdaddyTank has just added a new article to the Wiki which covers how to convert the 99-2001 7.3L Green coolant to Gold,add a 203 degree thermostat and install a dual alternator upper radiator hose :sweet

Thanks Ryland! :thumbs

Green to Gold Coolant

ForumBlue

CDXX
Reaction score
Question for BDT. I hope it's ok to post it here.
Why is the outside radiator hose a better design than the inside?
I'm sure when I see your answer I'm going to say: "Oh yeah, I should have known that."

bigdaddyTank

Who's your Bigdaddy?
Reaction score
ForumBlue said:
Question for BDT. I hope it's ok to post it here.
Why is the outside radiator hose a better design than the inside?
I'm sure when I see your answer I'm going to say: "Oh yeah, I should have known that."
The factory hose goes right through the middle of the serpentine belt. If you want to replace the serp belt you have to drain the radiator down and then take the upper radiator hose off, wouldnt be too much fun doing that on the side of the road. With the dual altenator upper hose it goes around the back of the belt so you dont have to mess with it when replacing the serp belt. :D

CHPMustang

Reaction score
bigdaddyTank said:
The factory hose goes right through the middle of the serpentine belt. If you want to replace the serp belt you have to drain the radiator down and then take the upper radiator hose off, wouldnt be too much fun doing that on the side of the road. With the dual altenator upper hose it goes around the back of the belt so you dont have to mess with it when replacing the serp belt. :D
One of the first mods we had done,installing the 203 thermo at the same time makes it all more worth the time :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58