New CPS Installation Article up!

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
Bill
nice pics,
is that really your engine or a stunt double? looked to clean for a east texas engine :D

was your old one giving you issues or was it changed just to be sure?

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Yup that be my engine and that's how clean it stays for the most part,hasn't been off road in over 3 years :D

The original CPS started hiccuping occasionally maybe a year ago then this past March it started shutting the engine down so it was time:)

Got 40k out of the original,not too bad;)

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
Could you post a description of where it is/how hard to reach? I want to print all this off and put in glove box - just in case.

Thanks! Good writeup.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
Tx_Atty said:
Could you post a description of where it is/how hard to reach? I want to print all this off and put in glove box - just in case.

Thanks! Good writeup.

that would be cheating, everyone needs to learn how to change it on the side of road in the dark pouring rain with a HOT engine, feet sticking back under truck absorbing the tranny heat and the asphalt, just like a big HOT pocket :eek: , sure was glad i didnt have any oil leaks ;)
yep gives new meaning to "I love my truck" :hail

did i say i miss my 7.3 ?

CHPMustang

Reaction score
I updated the article with a photo of the location and text. Ease of install depends on the installers flexibility pretty much,I was able to hang a small portable shop light in front of the crankshaft area to help see what I'm doing better:sweet

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
Wow..............great photos Bill.

Tbar

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
powerboatr said:
is that really your engine or a stunt double? looked to clean for a east texas engine :D

CHPMustang said:
Yup that be my engine and that's how clean it stays for the most part,hasn't been off road in over 3 years :D

That thing looks so clean, I'd find it more believable if you'd said it hadn't come out of the garage in over 3 years!!:roflmao :roflmao

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F350 On Track