New diesel owner

CCSBD

Diesel Power
Reaction score
Ok one last stupid question I promise :D I found out that the job I was going for was cancelled so I will not be driving this truck daily:( So is it bad for the to sit? I drive it sometimes during the week and all the time on weekends. Also is it bad to leave it plugged in for a week at a time?

bern rattler

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
CCSBD,
Welcome, I wouldn't let it sit more that I had to. As for leaving it plugged in, when it gets below 40 degrees I use a heavy duty timer on mine, it comes on at 1:00 AM and goes off at 4:00 AM, just before I fire it up to head to work. You could set it up to cycle off and on every so often so it wouldn't be on all the time. Just my 2 cents worth. I'm with the rest, I love my truck and wouldn't drive anything else!

CCSBD

Diesel Power
Reaction score
Believe me I dont want it to sit I would rather drive it but I have a service van that I drive every day during the week so since I will be staying in this position for awhile I wont be able to drive it all the time:( The timer thing is a good idea though. What is the longest one should leave it plugged in? So that way I have an idea of what kind of schedule to put it on.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14