New exhaust sys

Brad B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just put on a new intake system and ordered the Bullydog 4" turbo back system. It is supposed to be in late this week. Any input on installing it:? suggestions or tricks welcome.
I really like the new performance of the new intake !! Hope adding the upgrades will hold me over for a while on my new truck craving !!

While installing my new intake filter, I saw that a fair amount of oily deposit had gathered on the interior of the turbo intake pipe. I wiped off what I could reach. It was too dark to tear into taking it all apart and getting more into it.
Q: Is it worth wiping out the grime on the inside of the pipe? Would it really help my MPG's?

Last edited:

CSIPSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you want to get rid of the oil, you need to reroute the CCV out of the intake.

As far as the Exhaust goes, just hose the clamp on the down pipe with PEN lube the night before and your good to go, about an hour install for a first timer

Brad B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CSIPSD thanks for the tip on spraying the clamp. I will look into teh CCV deal. I assume that there is some info on that mod here on the site.

Reaction score
Brad,

There is a good article with pics in the Wiki section of the site. But, unfortunately, it appears to be down right now. Hopefully, the admins can fix it so you can see "how to".:sweet

Brad B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea ! I'm sitting here at work wearing out the keyboard looking or the how to. Thanks for telling me about the sys being down. I'll keep looking because I'm looking to see what the AIH delete is about too.

Reaction score
Outside of the cold air intake mod (zoodad) the AIH is probably one of the easiest and cheapest mods. All you need is a Cummins oil drain plug. It's next on my list of "cheap mods". :D

Brad B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now I've learned that I don't have a AIH on my 96 model. Oh well ! Still looking for the CCV mod

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14