New floor?

jvencius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know a good source for a complete rubber floor liner? I'm tired of trying to keep the carpet clean (Husky floor liners help a lot) and I'm wishing I had gone with the "carpet delete" option from the factory. Hell, if someone were interested in a trade and was close enough to meet up, I'm sure we could work something out. FWIW, I drive a 2002 Crew Cab gray interior (I think they called it Medium Flint for that model year), PSD, ZF-6 and a manual t-case. I checked Powerstrokeshop.com and a few other online Ford parts places but nobody had the rubber floor listed. I haven't yet called Chris (I think that's who I should talk to at Powerstrokeshop.com since Dale left) to check their prices but I would think shipping on something that large would be prohibitive. My carpet is in good shape with some staining around the driver's side front door sill and around the T-case lever. I haven't gotten the steam carpet cleaner out yet, so those stains may go away but I'm not sure yet.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
call chris the site is missing tons of parts form teh online search
all that snow getting the carpet dirty? I will trade you the nice north alabam red sand/clay/crap this stuff gets into everything and does not wash off

jvencius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
powerboatr said:
call chris the site is missing tons of parts form teh online search
all that snow getting the carpet dirty? I will trade you the nice north alabam red sand/clay/crap this stuff gets into everything and does not wash off

It's not the snow so much as the dirt/grit/salt that gets mixed up with the snow. This isn't anything I'm thinking about (or am even in the $$$ position to do) for anytime soon, but sooner or later I do want to go to the rubber flooring.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
got to post something my post number says 666

my tan carpet does not seem to be of the same quality my 02 gray was. it seems to be a smaller pile and less of it, sort of like a close shave on a carpet rug.
plus we have teh severe weather ford rubber mats and they take alot of teh pounding but slick as heck if your feet are wet

jvencius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, this is good news. This morning I called a small dealership in one of the outlying towns from Cheyenne (Wheatland, WY/Laramie Peak Motors) and they quoted me $160 (delivered) for a new vinyl floor liner. Another dealer I checked with down in CO wanted $249 for the same part and I didn't even think about what the in-town, no-good, lying, cheating, worthless POS dealership would charge so I didn't even bother with calling them. They said it would be a week or week-and-a-half until I get it, but that's no big deal since I've got the time. With what I figure I could get for the carpet on Ebay, it'll be pretty close to even money when I'm done. I'll lose a few bucks for sure, but it'll be a manageable hit.

jharvey

Shutter Bug
Reaction score
powerboatr said:
......plus we have teh severe weather ford rubber mats and they take alot of teh pounding but slick as heck if your feet are wet

Ain't that the truth!!: doh: :doh:

Oh yeah if you guys need some GOOD STAIN remover pm me, I got some stuff that works good

jvencius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SUPERDUTYSPV said:
You could always have a spay in liner sprayed in. Just a thought.

I thought about it but shitcanned that idea when I realized that there's insulation underneath the carpet/rubber flooring that helps with temperature control, plus I've got wiring run under the carpet that I'd like to be able to get at, should something fail. If I had a liner sprayed in, (1) I wouldn't be able to get at that wiring (running it over the floor isn't an option), (2) the truck would be out of service for more than the few hours I figure swapping out the floor will take, and (3) it will be more expensive than the $180 incl. tax that the rubber floor cost me.

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
It wouldn't be very pretty either. The insulation hides all kinds of ugly sheet metal.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58