Full Access Member
Reaction score
powerboatr said:
absolutley love mine
finally learned how to drive it and man is it fun

You've been driving this long without a Powerstroke License????!!! :eek:

(Just Kidding :roflmao )

Shraderman,

Congrats on the new ride. Enjoy it and as said, don't baby it too much, it won't like you for that. Plug in when cold.

Oh, and hide your wallet if you hang around these yolkos too much! Mine was stock before I met most of these people. :rolleyes:

Barrett

ranger boy

Banned User
Reaction score
architect-builder said:
Oh, and hide your wallet if you hang around these yolkos too much! Mine was stock before I met most of these people. :rolleyes:

Barrett
I'll second that!

But I must admit, the truck gets the ladies, so :thanks guys!
:thumbs

Hoss 350

My GSP, Dutch
Reaction score
Shraderman said:
Thanks everyone for the advice. I reside in North Alabama, but am temporarily stationed in Canada. I knew that the fuel used in the South wasn't fully winterized. I picked up some Motorcraft Anti-Gel/Cetane Boost which I will add on the way back up next week. I realize that purchasing fuel up north should have this but a friend up there tried to fill his up last week and the station pump wouldn't even pump it! I told him to change his fueling station.

Anyway, looking forward to chatting and exploring the new ride. Major mods are likely some time away as there's the warranty and the truck's not even broken in yet!

ShraderMan:thanks

gelling is one of those things that depends heavily upon conditions and fuel quality. We get good, blended fuel up here in Northern Idaho/Eastern Washington, which I have successfully run and started my truck down to about -25 F without any anti-gelling additive. If you are in Canada, ask the service station manager what blend they use, a lot of stations around here post a "good to" temp. My guess is that the fuel at the pumps up there *for the most part* is going to be able to handle typical winter temps. If your buddy got fuel that wouldn't pump, it either means that the tank was empty or you shouldn't buy fuel from there anymore... :D

That said, you my consider putting an anti-gel additive in it if you are really concerned about fuel quality. It is inexpensive piece of mind. Also, keep a bottle of the (IIRC) red stuff, the 911 or whatever they call it, because it seems to be capable of de-gelling an otherwise gelled up fuel... I wouldn't worry too much about it, though, I would assume that the fuel you are getting is good to at least -40 (because that is what we get here, so it has to be that good or even better up there) so as long as you are not that cold, you are probably okay...

JohnBoyToo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Crumm....
u said stay away from PowerService ?!?

just curious Why ?

I've used it a lot and have had good results....

Reaction score
Shraderman said:
Anyway, looking forward to chatting and exploring the new ride. Major mods are likely some time away as there's the warranty and the truck's not even broken in yet!

ShraderMan:thanks

You are very correct in waiting for a proper break in period before adding any mods. It can be very stressfull on the motor if added to soon. But once you do add say a box - traditionally the first words uttered will be "Holy S**t" :D

Like you, I wanted to make sure that I had enough time and mileage on mine so I waited until I had 27 miles on her - :D :D

Ron

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
JohnBoyToo said:
Hey Crumm....
u said stay away from PowerService ?!?

just curious Why ?

I've used it a lot and have had good results....
The ones I listed can be used in any quantity and will not hurt a thing. PowerService on the other hand will gum things up if you use a little too much. You can triple the dose with howes and it won't hurt anything. It is hard to precisely measure the PowerService since the bottle is white so most guys just dump in a little extra and next thing they know they are plugged up. I have also heard the PowerService does not seem to do as good of a job in the lubrication and anti-gel departments either. I have not tested the PowerService but have heard these things from many different people.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg