New Fuel

Dieselpwrdredneck

Addicted2Diesel
Reaction score
What will this New Ultra Low Sulfer Diesel do in our old trucks:confused: ?
Will it hurt anything?
Will new and old fuels still be available?

Just thinkin......
Neal

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
I am on my second fill-up with the low-sulfur and it seems to run the same. All I can get here is the low-sulfur.

4drdually

Wrench Head
Reaction score
Shouldn't hurt anything, but time will tell. The change simply might cause a few hickups on the older trucks. You probably are already running it though as we have had it since july. If you smell the fuel and it smells like puke, its ulsd.

fordtrucker4life!

I work with waste
Reaction score
Guys I work with are concerned that the low sulfur will not lubricate the injector pump and injectors like the sulfur fuel does. I am not sure, what will come of this.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i dont think itll be an issue...if it is for 'em...

buy some stock in the fuel additive companies & then
tell 'em ALL that if they dont dump stuff in the tanks
EVERY fill up they'll blow their motor up ;)

youll be rich and theyll sleep better knowing their motor
is "happy"

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
fordtrucker4life! said:
Guys I work with are concerned that the low sulfur will not lubricate the injector pump and injectors like the sulfur fuel does.
They are probably correct. I add a double dose of Howes Diesel Conditioner everytime I fill up to keep my injectors lubed.

Just ask any trucker and they will tell you that Howes Diesel Treat corrects problems caused by Low Sulfur Diesel Fuel. In the growing diesel powered auto, pick-up truck and light duty truck market, Howes replaces the lost lubricity from the lower sulfur and aromatic content. This results in more power, increased MPG’s and better performance. In addition, Howes purifies the fuel by mixing instantly without agitation and driving out contaminants. This treated fuel cleans and lubricates the entire fuel injection system. Combustion is enhanced. Water is encapsulated and burns off harmlessly. Fuel injectors and filters last up to three times longer.

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
supposedly the fuel makers are going to add some lubricants to the ULSD to make up for the lost lubricity from the lower sulfer.but the older IDIs have the most to worry about.with the low sulfer fuel they been eating injectors and injector pumps like candy.the ULSD will probably cause more problems for them than it will the PSD.i know im about to replace the injector pump on my 94 for the 4th time soon.

BigStroker

Demented College Student.
Reaction score
They hydro treat the diesel to remove the sulfer then add a lubricant into the diesel and so far tests have only shown a small BTU drop in the new diesel.

If your in the US you should have been runnin the ULSD by late May.....we've been running it since April

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58