New gauges!

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
It seems their customer service is good. I did a lot of research on the glow shifts and saw mixed reviews. I do like how you can change colors. A color for each day of the week haha. I heard their a pillar isnt very good though. I'd almost buy a good one somewhere else. Get on youtube and a guy from glow shift installs an a pillar pod kit on a ford diesel. Its like a 3 part vid. It helped me a little bit since no matter what gauge kit you get they all install about the same. Gets your feet wet when diving into a mod like we are doin.

Bdons SD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought about getting a good pillar somewhere else. I figured I would wait until I get it and see how it goes since it comes in the package anyway, Ive read its just the appearance of the pillar thats unsatisfactory, and since my dash is always covered in a layer of dust Im not going to be pickey ha ha Its a work truck :dunno ha ha. Are you planning on getting a tuner? Did shimming the FPR make a big difference? I am thinking thats going to be my next mod if it helps.

Last edited:

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
I thought about getting a good pillar somewhere else. I figured I would wait until I get it and see how it goes since it comes in the package anyway, Ive read its just the appearance of the pillar thats unsatisfactory, and since my dash is always covered in a layer of dust Im not going to be pickey ha ha Its a work truck :dunno ha ha. Are you planning on getting a tuner? Did shimming the FPR make a big difference? I am thinking thats going to be my next mod if it helps.

True. The only thing I've noticed is that it will be a pain to take my gauges back out of the pillar if I had to repaint the pillar or somethin. You can make the glow shift pillar look great just takes a lil more work than other pillar pods. Mine is always dusty too. I wasnt too happy that the paint I painted my pillar pod doesnt match my interior very well. I used some interior paint that my dad bought for his pillar pod for his 97 F250 but its a lil darker. It looked like it matched good when I sprayed it on the back of my original pillar. But im thinkin that since the new pillar I got was black, it made the paint darker. I should have primered it or put some lighter base coat on it. Oh well I AINT takin that pillar back out. Looks good to me!;tu. The FPR made it a lil quieter and it seemed to help throttle response a lil. If you plan on gettin a different FPR, I wouldnt. Kind of a pain. I did learn that there are two different kinds of #4 ss washers. Apparently the ones you get at a hardware store and ones from an electronics store are diff. You want the ones from the electronics place. I had to grind the crap out of my washers from fastenal. Thats what made it not worth it. Too hard to hold and grind tiny washers even farther. Im gonna get a good FPR with the fuel pressure gauge on it I think. I would suggest gettin the KCM HPX cross over line that links the rear of your heads together in the oil rails. Gives your back injectors some more oil and quiets them down. Easy install too!

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:dunno Now that you've done Gauges, the FPR and HX mods.. another 20 minute, $15.00 mod/upgrade to consider might be:

Replace the Fuel Pump inlet fitting. That QD fitting is known to be a source for Air to be sucked in to the fuel system. Not Good. A section of fuel hose, and 2 band clamps does the deed.

There's been a bunch of info posted about it.

Joe

Bigfordguy03

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Looks good man. We install 2 or 3 sets of gagues a month at the shop I work out and you start to get pretty fast with installing them and learing some tricks on where to route the wires and lines. good Job!!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg