New Member New Girl Here from Pennsylvania!

Nightmare

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, new to the forum and thought I'd introduce myself.

I'm Danielle and I'm a Fordaholic. lol, all kidding aside, My husband and I just purchased a 2005 F-350 Extended Cab Long Box Super Duty. (He's been a Chevy man all his life and I managed to convert him! :clap: So we got rid of our '98 Chevy half ton for this beast! It already has a bunch of goodies on it and it only has 37K miles!

It's in the shop right now getting EGR delete, head work, ARP head studs, new gaskets all the way around, and checking the High Pressure Oil Pump and oil cooler. Basically they are going to go in and check out everything and replace anything that looks suspect or is a known issue with this engine. Basically our goal is to make this engine bullet proof. We have heard many issues with it and want to spend the money upfront to hopefully alleviate any headaches down the road.

We will also be ordering a programmer and exhaust. (Probably MBRP duals) The single stack setup that is currently on it will be up for sale soon! ;tu

The climate controls don't always work properly. For instance, the heat mostly comes out the defrost vents and you can't always get it to go to the floor or dash vents. They do work sometimes though, it's kind of an intermittent issue. Has anyone else had this issue and what was the culprit? (The shop is going to look into it and fix it for us, but I just am curious and impatient! lol)

Also, all but one of the dash vents are broken. The little slider for the vent looks like it was forced and the plastic piece that attaches it broke off. Are there any aftermarket dashes with vents out there? We aren't really a huge fan of the woodgrain dash it has now. If someone could point me in the right direction and/or show me pics of an aftermarket dash you have or have seen.

05-F350-1.jpg

05-F350-3.jpg

05-F350-4.jpg

05-F350-16.jpg

05-F350-14.jpg

05-F350-6.jpg

05-F350-11.jpg

And yes, we've done a little offroading with it already! lol

IMG_0312.jpg

IMG_0313.jpg

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello Danielle and Welcome to SSD.com, that's a real nice looking super cab and it sounds like you are getting all of the gremlins that are know to haunt the 6.0 fixed up front.
Good luck with your new to you truck. Always good to hear of a Chevy man seeing the light of the Blue Oval. LOL :oval:oval

Doug

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
Welcome! You will find so much help and info on this site. Best site out there for these trucks. Very nice truck! Sounds like you will have all the known issues fixed. Dual stacks will def look alot better. Awesome to hear another GM'r is converted. Built Ford Tough without your tax dollars!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58