New guy... no diesel..... yet.

Jack10

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

Im just stopping in and saying hi. Im beginning my search for a new truck and would like some direction from you if possible. I currently own a 07 F150 and bought a new trailer this year. The truck pulls it ok, but it is heavy so Id like to get a diesel. Im looking for something around 07-09 F250 or 350. Not sure I quite understand the main differences between the 2 models, but Id like to know what to look for with these trucks.

thanks so much!

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to SDD ;tu

lots of info and help here.;tu

The main difference between a 250 and a 350 is: a 350 is rated to carry/tow more weight than a 250.

How heavy is your trailor ? 5th wheel or Tow behind ?

Joe

Last edited:

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello Jack and welcome to SSD.com. Are you pulling a RV trailer or 5th wheel?
How heavy is the trailer, and how often and how many miles at a time will you be pulling this trailer.
I see that you live in Alberta, so will you be wanting a 4X4? Good Luck.
Doug

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
Welcome! You have came to the right place! Give us some more info on what you will be wanting and doin with yer truck. All of us will help ya get into a new superduty!:sweet

Jack10

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

Our bumper pull trailer has a GVW of about 8400 lbs. We are also wanting to get a rhino or another side by side in the future, so Id like to prepare for that.

As far as use, we generally use our trailer from about May to Sept. Other than that, it will be used to drag my ass to hockey and the odd trip to home depot. Another thing I should mention is that I drive my son to he day home in the morning which is about a 5-10 minute round trip.

Thanks!

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello Jack and Welcome to SSD.com. From what you are saying about your RV being 8400LBS,
I would look at a 2005 - 2007 F-250 or F-350 CrewCab SB 4x4. It will do everything you want a truck to do.
If you find a F-350 that would be great, because you can go to a larger RV and a 5th wheel if you wanted to.
If you find a good looking clean 1999-2003 7.3 Long bed or short bed, that would work also.
If you find a truck you like get the vin number off of it and have a Ford dealer run a
Oasis check on this truck, that should tell you everything that's been done to the truck by a Ford dealer
Good luck and keep us posted on what you find. If you like DRW trucks that would work just fine also.
Doug

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14