New guy that needs your advice please

NWDONZI

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I am hoping to get your advice and opinions before I make a decision as to what truck I am going to buy. The two trucks I am considering are a 2006 F250 Harley Davidson crewcab with a 6.0L Diesel with 74K miles on it and the second truck is a 2008 F250 with a 6.4L.
My questions are:

-is there any reliability issues with the 6.0L that I would need to watch out for?

-if you were going to buy a newer used Super duty, as far as reliability and drivability goes, would you prefer to have the 6.0L or the 6.4L?

-when I am test driving and looking at both trucks, is there anything I should be specifically looking at to make sure I am getting a good truck? My worries would be buying the 6.0L out of warranty and running into expensive engine issues.

Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks

Last edited:

ducky1402

Reaction score
welcome to sdd!!! First of all at least you are looking at FORD!!!!!!! From what I understand the later 6.0l motors were very reliable but major motor work on either truck (07-08) require cab to come of being costly. I have a 2008 6.4l right now and love the hell out of it. Would been a lot nicer however if they built it a little less complex (emmisions, fuel systems ext). I drive an 04 6.0 for work and an 08 6.4l for pleasure, I think they are both good trucks would depend on your taste and the deal you get. I you get the vin's someone on here is usually able to pull the service history too so you know what major work the truck has been in for. Good luck on your search and once again welcome...

Ps: No need to post the same thing in multiple sections....... :dizzy

NWDONZI

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. If anyone can help with the service history, here is the VIN# on the 06':

1FTSW21P76EC20164

Last edited:

Zmann ARGH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the 06 your looking at is a nice truck it popped right up when I searched the vin

but for a ref point I paid 32 k 1.5 years ago for a similar truck with 22k miles

your factory 5 yr 100k ext motor warranty is or close to gone so consider at least an aftermarket warranty

ducky1402

Reaction score
i paid 28k for my 08 brand new so there are definately deals out there don't buy the first thing you come across if you are not 100% on the truck and the deal. :sweet

85buggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2006 Harley F

I just sold my 06 Harley Davidson F350 last week I had 84000 mi on mine. Mine had given me so many issues I decided on a new 2011 F 350 gas. One thing I can say stopped to fill the tank today reg was 2.57 gal diesel 2.99 gal. Maybe I just had a Lemon with my truck loved the styling but my warranty was almost up and I had 4 major repairs since Feb. I broke down twice pulling my trailer just couldn't trust the truck anymore. Good luck

NWDONZI

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I appreciate the help guys. Thanks for the advice. I am going to take my time and look for a 6.4 I think.

JRJ04

Reaction score
I just sold my 06 Harley Davidson F350 last week I had 84000 mi on mine. Mine had given me so many issues I decided on a new 2011 F 350 gas. One thing I can say stopped to fill the tank today reg was 2.57 gal diesel 2.99 gal. Maybe I just had a Lemon with my truck loved the styling but my warranty was almost up and I had 4 major repairs since Feb. I broke down twice pulling my trailer just couldn't trust the truck anymore. Good luck

Keep us updated on your new truck when you get it. I'm considering the gasser as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58