new guy

Steve W

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,Im Steve from London Ontario.I reasently bought a 06 350 Lariat FX4 6.0.Seen yor forum and sounded like a lot of smart people..mainly of all for driving Fords right!!Anyway,I have always had Ford trucks(Ithink this is my 11th of 12)but this is my first diesel.So Im hear to pick your brains.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WELCOME Steve ;tu

Lotsa brains to pick here, With lotsa knowledge.....

Go to the UserCP, at the top of this page.. Edit Signature.. then fill in your Signature (like below).. telling us about your New To You.. 6.0. It'll ben fun to watch it Grow ? so to speak ? ;)

Joe

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome Steve, glad to have you here, I have a 06 6.0 DRW and still in love with it.

Doug

Steve W

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome Doug and Joe..Like I said I just bought this 06,and dont really know much about them..I do work in the heavy construction field so I know of proper maintenance of a diesel.Before I bought this thing I went to the dealer were it was always serviced to investigate the history.After spending a lot of time with the service manager,and going over all that has been done to the truck,the owner was anal about the up keep of this truck.Synthetic oils..changed every 5000km,tranny serviced twice a year.etc etc..So I couldnt turn down the deal,knowing it was well kept.So keeping in mind that I wont be pulling the guts off this thing,what should I do or look into to keep my ride for a LONG time??

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome aboard!!!!

Looks like you did your homework before buying the truck.
As the old saying goes: "Be good to your truck and it'll be good to you."

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
.So keeping in mind that I wont be pulling the guts off this thing,what should I do or look into to keep my ride for a LONG time??

Sounds to me like: If you take care of it like the PO did.. yul be in good shape. As you already know.. Routine & Preventive Maintenance is the way to go, for a good service life.. but don't forget to keep the Cob Webs cleared out.. now & then :D;)

Maybe just drive it for awhile ? See whatcha think (?) and go from there ?

Do somemore reading on here, in the 6.0 forums.. then depending on your level of needs.. Post yer questions.

Steve W

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks again Big Joe!Is there anywere in the States I can order and buy Ford oil and fuel filters and have them shipped to me?the dealers are like 100 bucks for fuel and 60 bucks for oil.

Steve W

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey Alex from Simcoe..who did your Zoodad mod?Same as your cooler filter..were did you buy them? Thanks Steve

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg