New guy

Kskid

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Just got my first diesel. 2007 F-350 Super Duty King Ranch CC LB DRW. Having only owned 1/2 ton (and 1 Ford Ranger) this thing is BIG! Actually bought a 34' 5th wheel and needed a truck to pull it. Now I need to make sure it runs, lives and performs like it should. Many things I don't completely understand yet so will have lots of questions.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
:welcome to SDD Kskid. Make sure your batteries are good. Does the truck take a long time to start? Batteries are the number 1 problem with slow/no starts, in winter. If it is slow cranking it will not start. These engines need 200 rpms before the PCM (computer) will allow the injectors to fire. Have fun with your new to you truck!

Dave :coffee

Kskid

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
:welcome to SDD Kskid. Make sure your batteries are good. Does the truck take a long time to start? Batteries are the number 1 problem with slow/no starts, in winter. If it is slow cranking it will not start. These engines need 200 rpms before the PCM (computer) will allow the injectors to fire. Have fun with your new to you truck!

Dave :coffee
Thanks Dave. Truck has two new batteries in it. It runs great and I want to try to keep it that way. Still trying to get used to all the new sounds and behaviors of a diesel vs. gas.

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to SDD.com, glad you found us, lots of us pull 5th wheels and go camping from time to time.
You will get used to the truck in no time at all.Happy Camping. Post some pictures of your truck and
5th wheel if you like.
Doug

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg