New Hitch

bharney

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Finally got a reese style hitch for my 1999 Ford Superduty. Happened to see them at the Farm and Home, but they did not have mine in stock and priced at $179 plus shipping and tax.

Decided to stop at the Big R right down the street on the way home. They had it for $135 tax included with the military discount. I bought it and put it on in the driveway later that night.

Simple installation with my son's help laying on the driveway. It's the Acme brand and no drilling. Fit just right and just around the spare tire.

Will use this hitch instead of the bumper mounted ball. It goes to 1,200 lbs for tongue weight and 12,000 lbs weight. The bumper was only rated to 500 and 5,000.

With this for the trailers of this style and the gooseneck hitch in the bed, I am pretty well covered no matter what I want to tow.

I just have to check out my electric and make sure my trailer wiring is all in order. Still have to get my dome light and bed light working.

I also cleaned all my batery connections and installed a trickle charging system on my batteries, since they sit all week while I am gone to work.

Last edited:

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds good, I don't want to pull any thing off of a Ford bumper.
Good luck on all of the wiring.

Doug

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58