comment New IC hose kit from POWERCO

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
POWERCO
Introduces the kit that every 6.0 owner needs for those very likely and often intercooler tube connection BLOW offs.
Our kits includes
(1) 16oz bottle of isopropyl alcohol
(1) 16 oz aerosol can of white rain extra hold hairspray
(3) Cotton 8 x 8 shop towels
(1) 7/16” combination wrench (stubby)
(1) Pair of mechanics gloves
(1) Spring clamp

Our kit promises to get you back on the road and off the emergency lane quickly.

Here is one of out happy customer’s testimonials :notworthy

Yep wife and I plus our two grandchildren and dogs, were running west bound on interstate 10 in north Florida, it was one of them HOT days, the mercury was bouncing around 98 F. We were loaded down heavy with a cargo trailer in tow, pulling 30 Lbs of boost, EGT right near 1200.

An unlucky motorcycle was just passing my left fender when BAAAMMMM, it sounded like a front tire had blown, poor guy did the wiggle and I thought for sure was going to dump it. I thought I had lost a tire, but had no pull or odd steering pull.

Immediately I noticed I had no power and the EGT’s were cruising up past 1400 F . WHOLLLY cow:rant I mumbled and slowed down to the shut down emergency lane.

Yes sir when I opened my door I could hear the jet engine sounds emanating from the passenger side engine compartment. As I opened the hood I could see my lower blue coupling had blown off the intercooler and my clamp was precariously wedged between the radiator and frame.

If I had had my new POWERCO kit, I could have been back on the road and heading home. But NO SIR, all i had was a pair of channel locks and a few rags, we limped at 25-40 mph for about 15 miles till we found salvation from bentoville. Yep walmart. these 6.0's aint got no power without boost :dunno
got me a new set of cheapo wrenches, hair spray and some alcohol.

you'd think the folks that designed this puppy to pull 30-35lbs of boost that the darn hoses would STAY PUT.:tounge:lmao:stir
i may have damaged the engine, cant get the CEL to stay off for any lenght of time, will go see the ford guy on monday

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like I may need to make a trip to
Wally-World and get me a kit sat up.
I pull 25 to 30 Lbs. of boost a lot of times pulling the fifth wheel.
Hope the rest of the trip went fine.
I like the name of your Co.

Last edited:

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
i will tell you guys, a fact
i have had nothing but problems from these hoses since she was new
but this time the cheap white rain hairspray did the trick
stuck like ... well lets just say gorilla glue,

i wish i could have seen the bikers face, felt kinda bad for scaring him :eek:

Paul H

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have never blown a IC hose even up the 8 mile climb to Fancy Gap.

I have blown the hose off the neck of the turbo several times.
I now have it double clamped.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg