New Injectors

PDT957

PDT957
Reaction score
I'm looking at putting in the Tranny Savers from Beans, and I'm also looking for a good mechanic in the Amarillo, TX area. any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Welcome to the site there PDT.

I am no expert and still have the stock injectors but I have heard that even the tranny savers will take out your tranny after a while so if I was doing it I would go with the Stage 1. For only $50 more you get 70 more horse. That is some cheap HorsePower. Until you get your tranny beefed up or your clutch changed(don't know if you are auto or manual)you can run some lighter programming and only get the tranny saver power out of the Stage 1's but the extra power will be there for the taking when you are ready.

Big K

SDD.com Hacker/Admin
Reaction score
I don't know any one in the Amarillo area, but Diesel Injection Service is just a few hours south of you in Lubbock.

http://www.dieselpage.com/

Yea, I wouldn't waste money on those injectors, Just get the Stage 1's, Both will take out your tranny.

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you can pony up for the extra 70 the stage 1's are the way to go since there is a big jump to stage 2's it's a nice platform and you can always not have the programming that uses all of the power.

I ran my stage 1's for about 6 months before upgrading my internals w/ a chip in only sporattically mainly b/c my t/c was already starting to slip from just stock injectors w/ a chip.

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
PDT957 said:
I'm looking at putting in the Tranny Savers from Beans, and I'm also looking for a good mechanic in the Amarillo, TX area. any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the site. You could always drive to Dallas and we'll help ya out.
OR......................
I heard our member roosterdiesel (antonio ) works for beer.:sweet :roflmao
And he lives in your town. hey yall could have a west texas mod party.:cool:

Last edited:

jvencius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PDT957 said:

If you're reasonably handy, it doesn't look to be too hard to do injectors (hell, even 95_Stroker can do it) as long as you take your time and are thorough.

http://superdutydiesel.com/wiki/index.php?Injector how to

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14