New Job for Me??

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
Yesterday one of our instructors posted this in the classroom:

View attachment 11395

It was a pain to get done because it wasn't set up with students in mind, but qualified A&P mechanics. It took me three tries and three different e-mail addresses before it took.

I figure out of the 19 of us in class, 2 already work there, 1 has a job offer in Oscoda, several are 'trolls' and are not from the area, a few others don't want to stay here in da U.P. after school. That leaves 5 maybe 6 of us applying for the 4 jobs. Comparing "resumes" with my classmates, I have hands-down, the best resume of the bunch and the only one with military or aircraft mechanic experience. Based on the way the process has gone historically, it might be a couple of months before I'd start working part-time after school.

But right now, it's loookin' real goood!!:sweet:D

Last edited:

Zmann ARGH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wasn't complaining ,, just a question .. Good luck

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
12.03 an hour ?

For a part time student without a mechanic certificate, that ain't bad.

Starting for a fully certificated A&P is around $16 IIRC with good benny's and highly discounted plane tickets. I think within three or four years, it's over $20 with any shift differentials.

Zmann ARGH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ahh I was thinking it was for a cert ,,
I still think after all your hard work it is worth more at this point ,, anyway I wish you good luck

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
I'm thinking that'd fit ya, TG..
be back on da' line in dah Yoopee, eh?

Fine69

Reaction score
Are the other students younger than you? Not saying your too old, but I know I've seen alot of what I would call "age descrimination" in hiring around here. Good Luck! Hopefully your experience is a positive in you finding steady employment!:sweet

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14