New job means New Truck????? Right???

waynebudke

Chris
Reaction score
Well I went and did it much to some peoples chagrin. I pulled the trigger and traded my trust old dependable rattle box rough riding 7.3 in on a shiny slightly used 2011 6.7 250 Lariat Ultimate package. So far I really like it. Going to take it for its first extended two run this coming weekend. Gonna put my 35 ft fiver toy hauler behind it for a two or three hour run to go camping for the weekend. The quiet and comfortable ride is a big hit with the wife so far. I was expecting a little better mileage than I am getting running empty so if any of you have have some tips to boost that a little bit I would appreciate it. I pulled my fiver across town after picking it up from the shop and was impressed with how well the 6.7 pulls. Crossed the Dames Point Bridge here in town with out breaking a sweat. It came with airbags already installed, LED tail light bar, LEER cap, bed rug, mud flaps and is very well optioned. Still learning the sync system which is a little complicated but I really like some of the stuff it does like fuel prices along your navigation route. So if you all have tips or advice on the 6.7 shoot me some info, would love to hear about upgrades and how you like yours. Pics will be coming soon.:clap:

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Congrats Wayne. That is a big step up in trucks. I hope it all works out very well for you!

Dave :)

Racinghcr

Racinghcr
Reaction score
Congrats on your new 6.7 PSD 2011 F-250!! Ironically,I just traded my reliable and trusty 2001 F-350 for a new F-250 SuperCab.This new F-250 is SO SMOOTH and Rides SO Much better! Still have'nt pulled my Designer fifthwheel yet,and will be putting on an Air Lift air bag system,and a spray in bed liner,and other items. What rear gear do you have? I've been getting 22+ mpg on road trips unloaded with my 3.31 electronic rear gear and six-speed Torqueshift Automatic--Hope it doesn't drop off much towing. Did your F-250 get down on the helper rear leafs when you towed? What is your total RV weight? Keep me updated and we'll learn and share F-250/6.7 PSD info as we experience our new trucks. Enjoy many happy miles with your new FORD F-250 waynebudke!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58